Alarms on exit doors of house

G E

Mar 10, 2017
My mother wanders so I need to alarm 3 exit doors to warn me if she goes out at night while I am asleep.

Has anyone experience of this? What alarm did you get, and who supplies it in England?

I have seen a Yale burgler house alarm system for £100 + £18 for a third exit door. Are there cheaper solutions. I am not concerned about burglers: just any one of 3 doors being opened at night while I sleep.

George

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Hello George , I have door alarms from Telecare . I did not have to pay for them . Also have flood alarms too . I think telecare is part of the adult social services or council . Hope this helps .

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
I used the simple stick on door alarms like the ones on the link below. You can set them to alarm or chime when the door is opened. I used the alarm setting for the external doors and had ones set to chime on the kitchen door, fridge and freezer doors too. I actually bought mine from a pound shop and they attach with either double sided tape (supplied) or screwed on if you like.
K

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Sec...rms/sd2759/Defender+Mini+Chime+&+Alarm/p76253

G E

Mar 10, 2017
G e

Hello George , I have door alarms from Telecare . I did not have to pay for them . Also have flood alarms too . I think telecare is part of the adult social services or council . Hope this helps .

Thanks, I'll contact Telecare. I have never heard of flood alarms.

George

G E

Mar 10, 2017
G e

I used the simple stick on door alarms like the ones on the link below. You can set them to alarm or chime when the door is opened. I used the alarm setting for the external doors and had ones set to chime on the kitchen door, fridge and freezer doors too. I actually bought mine from a pound shop and they attach with either double sided tape (supplied) or screwed on if you like.
K

Thanks, will visit local poundshops and Toolstation. 120 dB should wake me up!

George

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
hi G E
an welcome to TP
I had the telecare system installed for dad and it saved his bacon when he wandered off in the middle of a winter night
it came as part of the assessment of his care needs from his Local Authority Adult Services, along with fire and CO2 alarms, a tracker and an alarm pendant - and I don't remember paying very much for all these (if he paid at all - they all went back to the LA when he moved into his care home)
so if you haven't already, request an assessment of your mother's care needs from your LA's AS, and a carer's assessment for yourself
best wishes

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Thanks, I'll contact Telecare. I have never heard of flood alarms.

George

My husband has been known to put the plug in any sink and leave the taps running . Flooded us quite a few times so I have flood alarms on the floor. Any water trickles on them and they go off .

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
"My husband has been known to put the plug in any sink and leave the taps running . "

Assuming 'old fashioned'!

Shorten the chains and keep your plugs somewhere secure.