After a month away in our tourer

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
Hi all, we have been off in north Wales for the past month acting as stewards on a caravan rally. This entailed lots of physical work for me, and for My OH, who has late onset Alzheimer's the task of booking folk in and out plus taking thier payments which are all cash. During this time the disease has definitely progressed and moods not good and many difficulties in her writing down vehicle registrations when spoken to her but that was overcome by me writing them down and passing them over and her copying most information from membership cards which have to be produced. All in all it was very successful with the books balancing at the end and me rewriting the booking sheets to hide tipexing and alterations/corrections. I honestly believe that letting her have this responsibility has helped her even though at time she got frustrated and angry but best news was the members had a whip round and have donated £210 to my Memory Walk in Liverpool on September 3rd, brilliant start to my sponsorship appeal.