Abdominal Fat Linked to Lower Brain Volume in Midlife

GillP

Aug 11, 2021
Oh another reason to exercise and diet. For months now I lose half a stone then put it back on. Just the motivation holding me back. I’ve never seen myself as a gym person but will walk more and who knows may try an exercise class. Trouble is I always talk myself out of it with comments like, ‘Maybe, once I’ve lost a few pounds’, ‘donlike the way I look in gym clothing’ and my latest, ‘nights are drawing in might wait till the spring’.

But, there’s no time like the present. Another attempt ......

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Oh great, Im trying to lose weight, but just keep piling it on. Yet another thing to feel guilty about.

Perhaps I aught to just accept that Im a prime candidate for dementia.......

Lawson58

Aug 1, 2014
Victoria, Australia
So what’s new? For years we have been told to have a healthy diet and get some regular exercise, to follow a healthy heart regime. It is hard to do when you are restricted by caring but surely belly fat and what is tucked away inside is from not complying to those guidelines.

I am guilty! I get plenty of exercise but I tend to eat comfort foods and once in a blue moon indulge in alcohol. Cannot lose weight but my body shape is better.

Tonight is a drinks night, a lovely chardy from Margaret River in WA.

try again

Jun 21, 2018
Well I'm ****** then .

There have always been rumblings about glucose intolerance and keto diets.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
But, there’s no time like the present. Another attempt ......
My trigger was at the height of covid with many fatalities.
The chance of a bad outcome was said to be increased by three things, being old, being male, and being overweight.
The only one I had any control over was being overweight so I started sliming.

I used the weight control thread then on DTP to bare my soul and publish weekly graphs of my progress to force myself to keep going.
It worked,
I have maintained my aim by telling myself that covid is just around the corner and ignoring the fact that 7 jabs should give protection against hospitalisation even though
'The hospital admission rates remain highest among people aged 85 and over, followed by 75 to 84-year-olds.'

https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...ofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John_Hat