“Private agreement” with care home

kassy76

Sep 1, 2022
I have made the decision for my Dad to move into a care home because I can no longer cope and meet his needs.
SS did their assessment this week and are in agreement.
Dad will be a self funder and I applied for deputyship last September but am told it can take up to a year.
Therefore, I was initially going down the route of SS funding until I access Dad’s money and then paying them back.
In the meantime, the care home I have found are looking into a “private agreement” so things can move quicker rather than waiting for SS to go panel etc.
I guess in the same way, I would pay them back when I can access the money. (I am keen for the move to happen asap as I have been struggling for some time)

Does this all sound reasonable? Are “private agreements” a common thing? Is there anything I need to be wary about?

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
its commonly known as defered payment when done through SS

Thre is usually a % interest added. Be absolutely sure what you ae agreeing to before you do so. Read the small print and make sure you understand what every clause means before you sign anything

kassy76

Sep 1, 2022
its commonly known as defered payment when done through SS

Thre is usually a % interest added. Be absolutely sure what you ae agreeing to before you do so. Read the small print and make sure you understand what every clause means before you sign anything
Thank you. Much appreciated

cleoandpetra

May 17, 2020
I have made the decision for my Dad to move into a care home because I can no longer cope and meet his needs.
SS did their assessment this week and are in agreement.
Dad will be a self funder and I applied for deputyship last September but am told it can take up to a year.
Therefore, I was initially going down the route of SS funding until I access Dad’s money and then paying them back.
In the meantime, the care home I have found are looking into a “private agreement” so things can move quicker rather than waiting for SS to go panel etc.
I guess in the same way, I would pay them back when I can access the money. (I am keen for the move to happen asap as I have been struggling for some time)

Does this all sound reasonable? Are “private agreements” a common thing? Is there anything I need to be wary about?
My deputyship took almost two years incompetence with court of protection I wrote to my mp and to lord chief justice. The back office of this organisation are incompetent be prepared for a very long wait my dear!!!!