“How I remember things”

Barry

Oct 14, 2006
Indonesia
Thanks for your comment oldeddy sounds like a good idea of using your old tape recorder which I guess you could do the same thing with a modern hand phone!
Best wishes
Barry

oldeddy

Nov 28, 2012
France
Only trouble is Barry my phone always seems to be living in either the garage or greenhouse, never in the same room as me.

Barry

Oct 14, 2006
Indonesia
Oh dear oldeddy that made me smile but isn't that what they call (sods law) ;) and a case of never being in the right place at the right time! which I'm like all the time:confused:
Best wishes
Barry

adirosas

Feb 25, 2013
bright!!! You are amazing! And you just gave me lots of ideas of what to do at home to help my mon... but i was wondering.... how can i help her to find out if its morning, tuesday or saturday!?? ...

dotfoxleics

Mar 14, 2013
Leicestershire England
I've just bought a Voice Reminder to help my Mum particularly for pill taking but you can record your own message which can cover appointments and any other activities. Some council's Assistive Technology Departments will provide similar equipment free of charge.

It seems to have done the trick for pill taking - I've programmed it to give 2 reminders for pills one hour apart - the alarm rings and is switched off by pressing a large blue button.

http://www.pivotell.co.uk/Mem-x_Voice_Reminder.htm

Barry

Oct 14, 2006
Indonesia
Sounds like a good idea 'dotfoxleics' unfortunately nothing like that available out here for me so I'm now using the computer with post'its on the screen but I still think I have the best reminder with my dear wife who prepares my tablets for me 3 times a day.;)
Best wishes
Barry

dotfoxleics

Mar 14, 2013
Leicestershire England
Sounds like a good idea 'dotfoxleics' unfortunately nothing like that available out here for me so I'm now using the computer with post'its on the screen but I still think I have the best reminder with my dear wife who prepares my tablets for me 3 times a day.;)
Best wishes
Barry
It can be sent to you by Airmail according to the website.

My Mum lives on her own so I needed to put a strategy in place.

Barry

Oct 14, 2006
Indonesia
OMG the cost of special post to Indonesia is very, very expensive, but many thanks for the thought;)
Barry
I hope i've don this right as theres so much noise in the house I just can't concentrate to day (I think I need ear muffs)