Problem Receiving Welcome Pack

SoundsNorthern

Jul 4, 2014
Barnsley
Hi everyone, at the beginning of July I made myself a member of The Alzheimer's Society, received confirmation of payment and a letter of thanks and that I would receive a welcome pack within 10 working days (that was the 3rd of July) at the end of July I replied saying I had nor received anything yet and got no reply to that mail, today I have sent another mail asking again why no welcome pack. Has anyone else had problems receiving their "Welcome Pack"????:)

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Hello, I wonder if the section of Az Soc, which you joined, works under a different system, as,when I joined the TP forum, there was no payment to be made and no Welcome Pack to be sent out.

Perhaps there is a telephone number on the receipt that you could call rather than emailing, because emails sometimes go astray.

Good Luck, I hope you get your problem sorted....Maureen.

Last edited:

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
Hello, I wonder if the section of Az Soc, which you joined, works under a different system, as,when I joined the TP forum, there was no payment to be made and no Welcome Pack to be sent out.

Perhaps there is a telephone number on the receipt that you could call rather than emailing, because emails sometimes go astray.

Good Luck, I hope you geet your problem sorted....Maureen.

I think this is the sort of Welcome pack that SoundsNorthern is talking about, it is from the alzheimer's society not TP,

http://www.alzheimers.org.uk/site/scripts/google_results.php?q=welcome+pack

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
Yes you are right, I was just explaining to cragmaid what I thought you meant as she said she didn't get one when she joined TP xx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Pickles53

Feb 25, 2014
Radcliffe on Trent
I joined the Alzheimer's Society a few months ago and made a donation. It took a while, but I have recently received a magazine, membership card etc. that might be what you are referring to as a 'welcome pack'.

garnuft

Sep 7, 2012
Joining a forum isn't the same as joining an organisation.

I am a member of a few...the Labour Party, Dogs Trust, Cinnamon Trust, The Donkey Sanctuary, Water Aid, ...they keep sending me all this paperwork... monthly or quarterly updates.

I wish they would give me the choice to opt out of all this expensive paperwork and postage, I would much rather my subscription was spent in other ways.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Joining a forum isn't the same as joining an organisation.

I am a member of a few...the Labour Party, Dogs Trust, Cinnamon Trust, The Donkey Sanctuary, Water Aid, ...they keep sending me all this paperwork... monthly or quarterly updates.

I wish they would give me the choice to opt out of all this expensive paperwork and postage, I would much rather my subscription was spent in other ways.

I`ve noticed most charities send paper copies and most businesses send emails. I think there`s a lesson to be learnt somewhere.

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Just downloaded the form for joining AS and you cannot get past stage one without making a donation!
John.

Odd that (although you can put in just a penny) because when I originally joined on line you could join without making a contribution, and in fact the paper form says "If you live in the UK and have dementia or are caring for a relative/friend with dementia and would like free membership, please tick here"

I'll highlight this to the powers that be (which isn't obviously me). :)

Pickles53

Feb 25, 2014
Radcliffe on Trent
I`ve noticed most charities send paper copies and most businesses send emails. I think there`s a lesson to be learnt somewhere.

Could part of the reason be that there are still a lot of people who don't use email or the internet at all? I am happy for email to be used but I know a lot of people who are generous donors to charities and have no IT at home .

And as for businesses, they seem far more interested in saving themselves money than providing good service. In fact, one of my greatest frustrations for my mum was the increasingly unhelpful attitude of businesses (including utility companies, banks etc.) who assume that we can all do everything online. My mum had great difficulty also managing business calls by phone too, with the complex 'press 1 for this and 2 for that' menus, operators who spoke poor English etc. (And of course pre EPOA they wouldn't speak to me because I wasn't the account holder).

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
"Just downloaded the form for joining AS and you cannot get past stage one without making a donation!"

If I select 'other' and just leave the '0.00' it lets me proceed but YMMV

Attachments

• ScreenShot005.jpg
    ScreenShot005.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 371

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
And now it's working just like you said. :confused::confused:

Before I was getting red error messages. Maybe a momentary glitch?

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
It accepts any numerical value including a clear entry.
Anything else and you get

Please check that all details are correct

Please check the required details are completed! There was 1 error found in the information you supplied.
1: 'Other Amount'. Error: this field requires a floating point number. Please re-enter.