Just had to share

singp

Nov 18, 2011
Just had to share with you lovely people who understand...

Staying at my parents house for a while to help out my dad who's caring for mum with AZ. This morning I awoke to the sight of my mum in my bedroom with her nightie hitched up around her waist wiping her (dirty) bottom on tissues and depositing the tissues into my handbag :eek

Its amazing what is now part of the new normality...

singp

Nov 18, 2011
So what will she do tomorrow when you've hidden the handbag?:confused:
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
Poor soul, I'm sure she'd be mortified if she knew....thank goodness she doesn't.:)

Yes handbag is now hidden! Might sleep with it under my pillow! But you're right - thank heavens she doesnt realise what she's doing.

jellyfish

Apr 30, 2014
West Midlands
My goodness, there's always something new and unexpected to deal with!! You have to stay on your toes. I never know what's coming next but it certainly never fails to surprise me :rolleyes: best wishes xx

AlsoConfused

Sep 17, 2010
Heartfelt sympathy ...

My Mum is at the same stage. When I was home most recently, I realised that now only the most active toileting and watching Mum while she goes to the loo will safeguard us all from having mess smeared everywhere - on Mum herself, her clothes, the loo and sink, the bedroom and so on. It was so sad. I'd wanted to respect Mum's privacy and keep the door closed but that wasn't on, the mess and the constant cleaning would have made me feel very bad-tempered and impatient.

It's impossible to prevent every disaster but toileting last thing at night and toileting again at the time your Mum's likely to get up should reduce her potential to create horrid messes. Sigh ....

Not so Rosy

Nov 30, 2013
Oh dear, I don't know anywhere else on the planet we could talk about such things. :p

Dad got sectioned on Friday and as we were waiting for the Ambulance to arrive he said he wanted the loo, just in case as it would probably be an hours drive.

Off Dad went and seemed to be gone ages, Ambulance arrived so someone went to look for him. I could tell by his face there was something slightly wrong but he said he was fine. He stood up and a very large poo shot down his trouser leg and onto the floor in front of everyone in reception :eek:

Think he remembered to take his pants down but then pulled his trousers up and just went in there !!!

elizabet

Mar 26, 2013
Southampton
My mum had a commode downstairs - one day she had removed the container and had done poos where the container should go -so sad when she did not know how it had got there,

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Micmomgram 5