'The Little Girl in the Radiator' Martin Slevin

mumbasi

Sep 1, 2013
Have just finished this wonderful little book. It made me laugh it made me cry and more importantly it made me think again and again about living well with dementia.
I only hope I can help my loved one to continue to do this.
Thinking of you all on here and out there on this unbelievably heartbreaking journey.

Thank you Martin Slevin, wherever you are, for writing this book.

Ann Mac

Oct 17, 2013
I saw this mentioned in a post, ages ago, and a couple of weeks later, remembered, and downloaded it onto my kindle - wonderful book, so moving and honest. Wish I could remember the name of the TPer who mentioned it, just so I can say 'Thank you' :) x

Pollyanna

Jul 8, 2008
I think the book was incredible and I related to it. Some of the places he mentions were also very much part of our experience which may have helped.

There was a moment it had be actually laughing out loud and sobbing at the heartbreak of it all at the very same time. It's not a book I could have read in public!

I'm tempted to read it again now.

Jo1958

Mar 31, 2010
Yorkshire
Mumbasi, hi
I finished it at 3am! What a wonderful read and so true, it should be on school the curriculum as an educational good read.

I'd recommend it to everyone who comes into contact with dementia.

Thank you for this post, it's given me two nights of good reading and lots of laughter and made me think, I'm sure it will stay with me.
With best wishes from Jo

Pookie

Dec 29, 2011
I read this book and found i was reading it twice. Throughly funny and sad at the same time. And a brave carer too.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Talking Point mobile app

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrsmagsey