Dad nearing the end.

Daisy48

Sep 7, 2012
North Staffordshire
I haven't posted anything for ages. I think dad was in a fairly settled phase and we were all able to catch our breath and gather our strength for what was /is to come.
After yet another seizure and fall,l resulting in a 48 hour admission to hospital three weeks ago,my dad is approaching the end of this horrible journey.
I've prayed for this but I dread it too.I just wanted him to slip away but he's losing weight rapidly,can hardly swallow(having meds by needle) and it's a nightmare.
However the staff at his nursing home are being wonderful.We've seen tears in their eyes when they feed dad.We will all miss him terribly.
This evening another resident appeared at his door.My sister and I spoke to her as we always do,although she doesn't talk. W e explained that dad was poorly and she shuffled in slowly,rubbed his chest and pulled his covers up a bit....my sister and I were moved to tears.

turbo

Aug 1, 2007
Hello Daisy, I am sad for you and your family and of course your dad. It is what I dread for my mum too.
How lovely to see such compassion from another resident for your dad.

turbo

dads girl

Dec 6, 2013
I read your post, and it's good to see someone else who feels like me, I want it to be over fir him, painless and simple, but it lingers and its uncomfortable to watch. He's poorly and you cancel all plans, then he lets up. But it's nit my dad anymore. I would do anything to reverse this terrible disease. I can accept losing my dad, or I want him back. But this limbo is horrible.
Thinking of you x

ROSEANN

Oct 1, 2006
staffordshire
Hi Daisy
So sorry to hear about Dad but as you no I have just gone through this with John
so I no how you feel.
I wish him peace he is such a lovely man still remember his smile, glad the girls are looking after you they were great with us too.
Love to you all.
Rose xx

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I am so sorry. I hope your Dad is not in any pain nor suffering greatly.
Thinking of you at this difficult and so sad time for you. x

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knola28