Tearful and head hurts

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
I'm very tearful today, it's not been good. Symptoms paralyse me, brain is a bit 'irritable' again - managed to get ice cap on - hope it will subside. In many ways these symptoms are not as severe as they have been over the last year and I find, having had some improvement, I feel disappointed that it is back again rendering me unable to function at all. My body is just so weak. I hope it will pass soon. I don't seem to know what 'well' is anymore but I do know that's what I want to be.:(

Butter

Jan 19, 2012
NeverNeverLand
I am sorry Sue J. This is disappointing. At least you are able to post a clear and lucid thread describing how you feel.

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
Hello Sue

I can't begin to imagine how it must be for you but just wanted to send you a big hug and lots of support,

Take care

Celia

xxx

velocity

Feb 18, 2013
North Notts
Tearful and head huts

I'm very tearful today, it's not been good. Symptoms paralyse me, brain is a bit 'irritable' again - managed to get ice cap on - hope it will subside. In many ways these symptoms are not as severe as they have been over the last year and I find, having had some improvement, I feel disappointed that it is back again rendering me unable to function at all. My body is just so weak. I hope it will pass soon. I don't seem to know what 'well' is anymore but I do know that's what I want to be.:(
So sorry, feel better soon:
Lots of hugs

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
Hi Sue

And in the midst of this, you took time out to comfort me. That means so much to me. You hang in there. The strength of my vibes to you must have some positive effect. With love and hugs xxx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I do wish you could get some clarification about your condition Sue. I don`t suppose it would make you feel any better but at least you would be certain about what makes you feel so wretched.

You are still managing to post and I hope the support helps a little. xx

Big Effort

Account Closed
Jul 8, 2012
Aw, Sue, thinking of you

Good morning Sue,

I was out last night so only just saw your post. It worries me that you are tearful and not clear mentally, because all that brings so much suffering with it. If I had a magic wand I would use it.

Here the sun is shining, not one cloud in the sky, blue, blue, blue. And that makes such a difference to everyone. It is still Dementia-Land though, Mum has 'fed the birds' so there is grass and kiwi fruit skins on the birdtable; she has walked her dog, with all three leads attached ("just like I always have done"), but we are able to cope better because of the light and good energy that comes with sun.

I am going to enjoy the sun while it lasts, and that includes a nice meditation session in the garden, so I will hold you in my thoughts and send healing to you, as I always do. May today be a better day, all the tears that needed to be shed have been, and may you glide through the day with grace and ease. Big hugs and blessings too, BE

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
I am sorry you are feeling so ill I hope you have a better day today,

Sending you hugs,

Jeany xx

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
Thank you all, your support does help and the vibes too as I felt when I went to bed the pain over my brain went and I was able to sleep, the phase isn't over but is much better. I fear losing consciousness at these times and posting helps me not to.

Big Effort

Account Closed
Jul 8, 2012
Glad you got some sleep Sue. It must be frightening to worry you could lose consciousness..... if posting helps, post some more!!!

It took me 3 and 1/2 years to 'graduate' to a forum. Never saw much point in 'sharing' as the Americans would say, nor in moaning or reading the moans and groans of others, but I was wrong.

It is very healing to air ones thoughts and concerns in a place where others have experience of dementia and its accompanying dramas. There is no judgement, no blame and total acceptance of the validity of ones experience.

I am currently reading a few books on disclosure, one is "Opening Up" (forgot the author), and it appears that being able to tell another of ones inner issues has healing effects that can last up to 5 or 6 weeks. They discovered this by getting two groups to write for 15 minutes a day about some "dreadful experience" in their lives. Correction. One group wrote about their dreadful experience. And the control group merely wrote for 15 mins - whatever they wanted. Those who "disclosed" their trauma (it was done in total confidentiality) had a significant reduction in galvanic skin resistence, and while emotionally upset initially, felt much better than the controls over coming weeks. This research was done with an eye to helping people through PTSD and trauma.

So Sue, keep sharing. And I hope today is better than yesterday, and your pain subsides as you let go of fear and worrying about losing consciousness. Love BE

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Sue,

I am so sorry you are having a terribly bad period but glad that you got some relief last night. It must be very disappointing after having felt quite an improvement but I'm sure it will pass. This is what I say to myself regularly and it does. I, too, have forgotten what it's like not to be ill. I have to keep getting used to "the new reality". Then the new reality changes and I have to get used to another reality!!

Wishing you peace and strength Sue. Love and a (HUG)

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
Thank you Helen and CG, now you have you have me crying. I identify with you a lot Helen and reality changes day by day. I too have forgotten what it's like not to be ill and I'm afraid I don't make a very good patient.

I hope you are having a good day Helen and that you too have peace and strength.

CG BE's response on your thread is so true and it has helped me so thanks for what you posted. Hope your day is good and that the sun is shining and I'll come and watch you do some gardening;) I'm excited with you at how it will look.

I am so much better than yesterday, an ice cap really helps reduce the symptoms - it is inflammation of my brain and just like ice helps on an inflamed sore limb it seems to be helping my brain.

Thanks to you all
xxx

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
Lovely to hear from you today Sue and that you are feeling a bit better. For what it's worth, I'm a dreadful patient. I have a very low pain threshhold, and a headache or a tummy ache just floor me, with lots of huffing, puffing, groaning and feeling sorry for myself. You are in good company ;).

I have to go out shortly, to visit my mother in law with my hubby, but since you've mentioned my garden, I think I'm ready to post a few pictures on the Tea Room thread, some before, during and after the projects. We're still in the middle of one of them, but it would be nice to see what people think (as long as the comments are good ones of course ;))

Take care and have a nice easy day today xx

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
Thinking of you Sue j hope today is a bit better
I am having a bad day so sympathize fully

I feel very irritable and depressed more or less cancelled trip away as I cant face it
and I hadnt realised it was the days before the bank holiday. We have loads of visitors and events on BH weekend which is tiring in itself. My friend I was going to stay with has advertised my coming so I can give a talk at her memory group and I feel a real heel letting her down but I wish she'd asked me properly and mentioned the advertising in local shops and Doctors I now feel totally torn in two

dontr know what to do so I am going back to bed

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danielf1