Already feeling very good!

Barry

Oct 14, 2006
Indonesia
As I had told you my doctor has now increased my Aricept medication to 10Mg per day which I started taking last Thursday evening and then I posted my thread (Still early days ‘But’) well it’s now been four days and without any ill effects from the increased medication and I think that if I were to be feeling any adverse side effects from the increase of my Aricept medication then it would have exposed its ugly head by now, so on the positive side all seems to be OK and I can already experience the added benefit (Long may it last);)

Also my Blood Glucose tester arrived within two days and I managed to sort out how to calibrate and use it myself, so the brain must be ticking over a bit better to be able to understand the operating manual! :D

Barry

Oct 14, 2006
Indonesia
Many thanks for all your encouraging support which is like an immense driving force to go forward for any person who has any type of dementia. Yes I am very pleased with my extra dosage of medication and on reflection I now understand why my doctor has made me wait for such a long time before increasing the dosage rather than go the full length of the dosage to soon and thankfully I still have additional dosage medication options available so at least I’m not at the end of the medication options otherwise ‘as my doctor put it’ that could possible lead to a more rapid deterioration!

‘Ok’ not everything is perfect and I know that I can never expect for the illness to just disappear, and I still have the daily and nightly hallucinations, and the horrific gruesome nightmares when you feel you’re fighting for your life but I’ve accepted that it’s all part and parcel of the illness and nothing can change that apart from just getting on with daily life as best I can and giving my dear wife some time alone during the day to try and recover from my nightly offensive against the elusive invader of my mind!

chris53

Nov 9, 2009
London
That is wonderful news Barry and I hope (maybe) your nightmares will not be so frequent.
Take care
Chris x

EllieS

Aug 23, 2005
SOMERSET
Dear Barry
It's a long time since I've been on TP but it is so good to know that you are benefitting from ARicept in such a good way. It also sounds as if you have a GP who knows and cares - long may that last. You sound like a very sensible person who understands not only your own pressures but also those of your wife - I do hope your GP is building a good relationship with you both.
Stay positive and open minded.
All the very best.
Be happy and enjoy each good moment - nothing more than we should all do really,but sometimes we lose our way don't we?
XX

Barry

Oct 14, 2006
Indonesia
Many thanks for your reply EllieS

Your correct we do have a very understanding doctor and have good direct honest talking and relationship with her, not just for me but also with Sumi...

Again many thanks
Best wishes
Barry