Billy Connolly urged to face up to memory loss.

sistermillicent

Jan 30, 2009
poor guy, it is amazing though how people can carry on in the early stages of AD (not saying he's got it but just making the point) on stage or public speaking. Mum used to give talks all over the country to the WI and managed without notes until the AD took hold, after which she managed to carry on with notes. She described it as terrifying when she got sudden gaps in her memory and had no idea where she was with anything.
But she always insisted she didn't have AD

flowerpot

Jul 27, 2010
Rural North Northumberland
How brave of him to carry on with the gig but very sad too. We've always liked Billy and found him to be so funny. It will be a sad day when he can't perform any more :(

Hope he gets the help that he needs as it's a long lonely road :(

snedds57

Jun 15, 2011
Berwick upon Tweed
I saw him around 3 years ago in Edinburgh and it was only towards the end of 2 intensive hours that his memory began to fail. Probably with exhaustion!
Makes me sad to think he might now be showing signs of AD. But then, as a Dementia Support Worker, I am always sad inside when I first meet new clients - but then get over it and make the most of what they have. As a fresh face, I have no expectations and no history - so we usually get along great. :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leigh_77