Teabags Again

alfjess

Jul 10, 2006
south lanarkshire
Hi Nell

Yes my parents can be in a home together, no problem.

For how long is a different question. If one needs nursing, EMI and the other doesn't, who knows.

My problem is I think Mum needs permanent care but Dad doesn't, but I would have great difficulty serparating them.

Infact, I just couldn't do it. So whom do I sacrifice, for the good of the other?

Thanks for your reply, I know no one can answer the above question, only me, but it is a difficult question.

Then as you will understand Nell I have the, not so lovable brother making waves, not wanting to spend money on Mum and Dad's care in the best place I can find. It is expensive, so what? It's their money not his.

Thanks again everyone

Alfjess

Windfall

Oct 18, 2005
Hampshire
alfjess said:
My problem is I think Mum needs permanent care but Dad doesn't, but I would have great difficulty serparating them.

Infact, I just couldn't do it. So whom do I sacrifice, for the good of the other?

Alfjess

Hi, hope you don't mind me butting in, i don't contribute regularly but I try and visit once a week if I can.

It would seem to me that although your Dad doesn't need the care home yet it would still be to his benefit. He would be with your Mum but without the worry or problems that living alone with her brings. So a move would be good for both of them but for different reasons. Does that make sense?

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Windfall said:
Hi, hope you don't mind me butting in, i don't contribute regularly but I try and visit once a week if I can.

Hi sharon

No question of butting in, you're a member, and we welcome your comments, whenever you're able to post.

Love,

alfjess

Jul 10, 2006
south lanarkshire
Windfall said:
Hi,

It would seem to me that although your Dad doesn't need the care home yet it would still be to his benefit. He would be with your Mum but without the worry or problems that living alone with her brings. So a move would be good for both of them but for different reasons. Does that make sense?

Hi Sharon

Yes what you say makes sense and I have also thought that.

It is just so hard for me to make a decision. things, scenarios, what if's? are all going round in my head at the moment.

This is just not me, normally, I can think things through, make a decision and stick to it. This time probably for the first time in my life (maybe an exageration) I CAN'T MAKE A DECISION.

Butt in all you want, in fact you are not butting in at all, you are helping carers like me.

Thanks

Alfjess

Harley

Apr 20, 2007
Sheffield
Hi

I have just signed up for this forum today and I am still exploring, but found your post and just wanted to say you are doing a brilliant job with your parents.

My father is in the pretty early stages of this disease so I cannot comment on how I will deal with things as he gets worse, but I hope I can look after him half as well as you look after your parents.

Big hug and kiss from me
xx

alfjess

Jul 10, 2006
south lanarkshire
Hi Harley

Thanks for your support and I'm sure you will care for your Dad, brilliantly.

You found TP, didn't you?

I have learned lots from TP.

Alfjess

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smattels