Introduction / NHS continuing healthcare

FifiMo

Feb 10, 2010
Wiltshire
Hiya Paul,

From what you have now said, then I would certainly appeal the decision. I will also go as far as to say that there are lots of people who think that if someone is self funding that they are fair game to refuse help from public funds!

I really hope you are successful in getting your mum what she deserves and if there is anything we can do to help then just give us a shout.

Fiona

JPG1

Account Closed
Jul 16, 2008
Hi Paul, hope the jetlag eases soon.

Finally I feel for others that due to misinformation are not getting what they rightly deserve or who have nobody to help them.The people who control the processes have an inherent interest in keeping it this way - mainly budget.
Yep, that's the way it is for sure.

I agree with Fiona - slam in an appeal a.s.a.p.

I also agree that many people think that you have no right to NHS funding if you have the financial ability and capacity to fund your healthcare yourself. Strangely enough, that only seems to apply to people with dementia.

All the very best to you, Paul.

Paul60

Oct 3, 2012
Western Australia
Sox,
You mention use of a solicitor. At what stage are you at in the process ?
We were considering it but thought we would have to wait until it went above local authority level.

Do you have any recommendations for a solicitor who has CHC experience?

Kind regards

Marianne

Jul 5, 2008
NW England

Scraggedbloke

Jun 11, 2011
Skegness Lincs
Hiya

I was pleasED to be wrong, as it openED up the debate.

OR was I right?, I did say "I might be wrong"

Just a thought .................Does CHC funding improve the care, or is it just funded differently?

ScraggED Bloke

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrsmagsey