we've had to say goodbye

wjoanne918

Feb 25, 2012
South Wales, UK
I havent been on tp for a while as ww've had an awful few months as a family. As most of you may remeber mam was admited to an assesment EMI ward in March this year and from there things got worse very quickly. After 6 seizures, a heart attack, nuemrous and various infections and a suspected stroke my beautiful, amazing strong 59 year old mother lost her battle. My dad, sister and myself (along with other close relations) were at her side when she died after 5 days with no food or water due to losing her swallowing reflux, the hospital were amazing and alowed us to stay and didnt query the amount of visiters, they kept mam as comfortable as possible and as dignified as possible. As a family we are devasted, mam's funeral was Wednesday and what an amazing send off she had, i have never seen so many people, at the wake i put collection buckets and raised almost £300 for the Alzheimers society (had to use the day for good) I lost my mam 5 years ago to this awful disease but it took the final peice of me last Wednesday when I had to lose her all over again. Its over for mam now and I hope that she is somewhere where she knows us and can watch over us with no more pain. Thank you talking point you've been a lifeline and i'll still check in from time to time, but for now im going to concentrate on fundraising for the Alzheimer's Society so that thongs like talking point have the funds to run, I did a skydive in July along with a cousin of mine and raised over £1000 and along with the money from mams funeral i have a charity event on the 1st Sept, hopefully one day they'll find a way to end our suffering but untill then I wish everyone strength to keep going.
Lots and lots of love Joanne xxxx

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
Dear Joanne

So sorry to read of your Mum's passing and your loss. Wishing you strength and peace in the days ahead.
love
Sue

nicoise

Jun 29, 2010
Dear Joanne,

So sorry to hear your sad news about your Mum. What a terrible time you've had, and she was so young for all this - very tough on you all.

But well done for putting your energies into such a good cause in your Mum's memory. I wish you lots of success with your fundraising efforts.

Please do keep in touch and let us know how you get on.

Best wishes x

Bodensee

Account Closed
Mar 30, 2012
wjoanne918, I am deeply saddened to read that your mother has passed away at such a very young age.

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
Joanne
I am so sorry to hear about your Mum
Please accept my condolences

Thankyou for doing so much fundraising

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Joanne I'm so sorry to read your sad news. Your mum was so young. Sending my condolences and wishing you strength for the days and weeks to come. x

turbo

Aug 1, 2007
Hello Joanne, I am sorry to read your sad news about your mum and send you my sincere condolences.

turbo

Chemmy

Nov 7, 2011
Yorkshire
I'm sorry to hear about your mum; please accept my sincere condolences too. I'm sure she would be very proud of you.

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Joanne,

I am so sorry to hear that your mum passed away and hope you will accept my sincere condolences. It was good to read that the hospital allowed unlimited access to your mum during her last days. These things do help a lot.

I admire so much people like yourself who do such a wonderful job fundraising. One day your efforts will be linked with many others who have contributed towards a cure. Won't that be a marvellous day when it is finally announced "a cure has been found":)

Love

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
I'm so sorry to hear your sad news Joanne, please accept my condolences.

And well done for raising so much money for the AS, what a wonderful tribute to your mam - and maybe one day no-one will have to suffer this awful disease.

xx

SisterAct

Jul 5, 2011
Liverpool, Merseyside
Sorry to hear about your Mum Joanne, so young as well.
All our thoughts are with you and your family.
Well done for all your fundraising, your Mum will be proud of you.
Luv
Barb and Polly xx

geum123

May 20, 2009
Joanne,
I'm so sad to hear about your loss.
Please accept my sincere condolences.

Geum xxx

LauraKx

Dec 16, 2011
Leicestershire
Xxx

Hi Joanne,

Thanks to talking point i have got to no a lovely lovely lady. Im so sorry about the passing of your mum. She will be amazingly proud of you, your genorosity and your calming words to help others. Pleaseee keep intouch with my dad & i. Lots & lots of love xxx