Larivy's Mum has died.

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Dear Larivy, I'm so very sorry to read this news about your mum. What a really sad day for you.
Your mum was a gem and I'm really glad I got to meet her this month. You will miss her hugely, I know.

I really wish you every possible strength in the days to come and am sending you deep condolences and much love. You've been a star to your mum as everyone who knows you will confirm.

Please let us know how you are. We all care very much about you.

Love Deborah x

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Oh Larviy, I am so terribly sorry to hear this news. I will always remember the lovely photographs of your mum on holiday with you and with your family. She looked so happy and loved. You did her proud Larivy. I often thought how close your mum and mine were in their ups and downs - often seeing you online when I was up with my mum. Now they are both at peace.

Take care of yourself. Sending love and strength to you and your lovely family. xx

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
Larraine, I'm so very sorry to hear this news.

You and your family have been the model of a family caring for someone with dementia - helping each other to care for your mum with a blend of love, care, understanding, patience and humour. I'm sure many of us will remember all those late nights trips to Tesco, but I don't ever remember you complaining.

My thoughts are with you and your family. x

Dottie

Sep 12, 2010
Hello Helen,

I have just logged on to TP & I am so sorry to hear that Larivy has lost her dear Mum. I too would like to send my sincere condolences to her & her family, they are all in my thoughts tonight,

Love Dottie xx

thatwoman

Mar 25, 2009
Merseyside
Please send my deepest condolences to Larivy and her family. Like so many, I too felt I knew her Mum from Larivy's posts.

She was a very lucky lady to have had such a lovely family who cared for her so well,

Love and hugs,

Sue xxx

scarletpauline

Jul 19, 2009
Leicestershire
I feel as if I know Larivy's Mum as we have seen so many lovely pictures of her, please give Laraine all my love and send my condolences, love Pauline xxx
Thank you Helen

larivy

Apr 19, 2009
essex
Thank you Helen for posting for me and thank you every one for your kind messages
Mum died in her sleep in her own bed some thing we all wanted
We have no one to thank for their help except the gp who has always been there for us and the physio who came today and waited with me and my brother till the undertaker came the district nurse came today it was a different one but there was know sign of a different care plan that they said would happen today:mad::mad: but we don't need them now we managed as a family with the help of everyone here thank you love larivy

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
we don't need them now we managed as a family with the help of everyone here thank you love larivy

Yes, you did Larivy, but you personally shouldered the responsibility for your mum in so many admirable ways. 95% of the credit goes to you, you were a model daughter to your mum. Love from Deborah x

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
You're amazing Larivy. Dwell on that, and your love for your mum, and, in time, you can think about complaining about the lack of care/lack of support if you feel you want to.

You're in my prayers xx

Scottie45

Jan 25, 2009
CoAntrim
Dear Larivy

So very sorry to hear the sad news of your mum,s passing,you and all your family are in my thoughts and prayers,you take care Marian xx

FifiMo

Feb 10, 2010
Wiltshire
Dear Larivy

I am sorry to learn about your mum's passing. When I joined talking point, one of the first threads that I read had wonderful pictures of your mum on it and those images remained with me. She didn't know how much a part of TP she was and many people followed her various antics throughout her dementia journey. Those late night shopping trips being just one of them. She brought light to a forum which, by its nature, often has to deal with challenging and negative issues, and for that many of us are grateful. You are a wonderful family and this was reflected in the love and care you showed towards your mum, no matter how trying the circumstances. You are all to be commended.

My thoughts and condolences go with you and your family,

Fiona

EES

Jun 29, 2011
So sorry to hear of your mum's passing - you are an amazing lady Larivy and was there for your mum until the end - You are an inspiration to us all and I like you will continue to care for my mum at home. Your mum is at peace now and will be your guardian angel forever... Take care and love to you and your family xxxxx

Dill

Feb 26, 2011
England
I'm so sorry for your loss.
Someone mentioned photos on your thread, I hope you don't mind but I had a look at them. Your Mum had an amazing smile, the bond between you so visible.