Hysteria!!

tigsmum

Jan 26, 2011
Leics
To say that I'm having a bad day has to be an understatement!! Having cancelled the two week holiday to Italy which I had booked in an optimistic moment a few months ago, I decided that a few days in England on an organised coach tour should be possible although I knew it would be hard work. Big mistake! We set off on a 5 day trip to Morecambe (so that we could go on a couple of train trips) on Monday. That day went OK and on Tuesday had an enjoyable trip on the Settle to Carlisle line - all fine. I then decided that instead of sitting all evening in the very gloomy room we had been given(wonderful view of the fire escape, literally inches from the window) we would stay in the lounge for the entertainment. There was a comedian on who was absolutely hilarious, made me weep with laughter. I knew hubby was getting bored so decided that we should go to bed around 10.30. The next 9 hours were spent with him talking incoherentlyand constantly folding and refolding the bed cover which he said I had stolen from his daughter and his wife wouldn't be very pleased when she heard about it! Not a single wink of sleep for either of us.At 6.00am I texted all 3 children asking for one of them to try to come and pick us up (nearly 200 miles away).

The next bit of joy is that the speaker on my mobile phone "died" about three weeks ago and the replacement I got needed to be unlocked so that I could keep my number. Got this done on the local market in plenty of time for the holiday - or so I thought! Tried to put my existing sim card in and it wouldn't accept it. Took it back a week later when the stall was next there and was told that it would have to be sent away?? This was 2 days before we were going away so I refused and have been carrying round 3 mobiles!! My old one to receive texts, the new one to use as an alarm clock and hubby's old one in case I actually needed to speak to someone! I'm sure you can imagine the stress this caused when trying to arrange for a pick up -which Number 2 son did.( Twins, number 1 and number 2 sons).

We arrived home about two hours ago, I tried to ring the AS support worker- no reply. OK I'll email her and ask her to contact me. Great joy- google have changed their log in method,I can't remember my password, so can't access emails. Oh, and by the way, the fish tank appears to be leaking. Meanwhile hubby sits "reading" the phone bill and chuckling. Don't know whether to laugh or cry! And now I'd better start looking at the depleted freezer to see what I can find to cook for tea. Absolutely positive that you've all been there before but you UNDERSTAND!!

Oh yes, and I'd cancelled the papers so got no evening paper Aaaaaaargh!!!!!!!!

MissisT

Dec 1, 2010
Essex
Oh dear - what a to do! I admire your ability to appear to be so light hearted about it but you have my deepest sympathy. Thank goodness for children (and freezers for that matter).
Teresa

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
I'm glad you had a few laughs before things got worse
Sorry you had to cut your time away short
Was the phone bill OK?
Thank goodness for a sense of humour a very valuable gift!:)
Love and support Sarah

tigsmum

Jan 26, 2011
Leics
Haven't looked at phone bill! Number 2 son has sorted email for me, bless him. Made my old standby, macaroni cheese for tea, didn't enjoy it so am moving on to crisps and chocolate-far more satisfactory. Looking longingly at bottle of wine but am so thick headed from lack of sleep, perhaps not a good idea. Shall lock all doors, confiscate all keys and fall into bed tonight with fingers crossed. Lovely to get responses, as you all know, it helps immensely.

scarletpauline

Jul 19, 2009
Leicestershire
Oh dear, sorry about this, what a catalogue of events! I hope your husband has settled down now he is home, lucky you to have a son able and willing to fetch you, worth his weight in gold, love Pauline xx

pippin_fort

Sep 8, 2010
Do you know your life seems very similar to my own with a different set of circumstances. I got rather hysterical and actually found myself weeping with laughter and then weeping when I could not find my daughter's Mini Movers trousers (on banister under coats of course) and the washing machine said FO4 to me instead of washing the mountain of my father's urine soaked clothes. I went out to celebrate with my friend who is recovering from breast cancer. Tomorrow I face another washing mountain and the launderette. Hopefully it will take me back to my student days. Perhaps I should do something decadent.

I suggest you do the same. Big hug.

tigsmum

Jan 26, 2011
Leics
Hi everybody

Managed to sleep until 4.30 when I woke to find all the lights on and hubby downstairs fully dressed. Afraid to say I just went back to bed (with all the keys under my pillow). At least the cat and dog are pleased that we came back early!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kathy T