mum died

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Dear Mudge

I am so sorry your mother has died.
O you brought back memories from over 30 years ago for me. I was impatient with my mother, why was she being like this, where was the mother I had loved and depended on all my life? And when she died, I felt as I imagine you are feeling now. She became that mother again and I so wanted her back. But it will get easier, I promise you. Not straight away of course, but little by little you will get used to life as it is ,but your Mum will always be there in your heart and in your memories- and the later, painful, years will fade and it will be the Mum you always had.
Sending you heartfelt sympathy. X

larivy

Apr 19, 2009
essex
I'm so sorry mudge I think we have all lost it at some point but I'm sure you made up for it many times over thinking of you and family love larivy

Poetic_Lass

Mar 14, 2011
USA
www.facebook.com
Mudge,

Please accept my condolences. I am so sorry to hear of your mum passing away. Having a family member with Alzheimer's or Dementia in general can be so hard to deal with. It's emotional, stressful and can be heart-breaking. Please don't be too harsh with yourself. You are only human, and I'm sure your mum knew that you loved her so much. If you ever need to talk, please feel free to contact me.

xxx

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Mudge,

I am so sorry to hear that your mum has passed away and hope you will accept my sincere condolences.

I can understand that you feel that your heart is breaking and I could see that you feel guilty about how you struggled with coping with the effects of these terrible illnesses (dementia). We have all struggled and we all have to find ways of living with it. Some find it easier than others (I am one of them). I feel that my Alan would now be restored to a healthy mind and that he would have compassion for me as I struggled terribly as the disease ravished him and our total world together.

You need time Mudge. Your feelings are natural. If, however, you find that you can't cope with them or that they become stronger and begin to take over your life, then you could consider bereavement counselling. There are options out there should you need them. Some people need help with dealing with grief and guilt and I just think 'thank goodness' it is available. I do feel though that you are bound to feel heart broken at the moment and hope that in some small way, Talking Point can help you feel supported in your loss.

Thinking of you today and sending a (HUG)

Love

mudge

Jul 16, 2011
Central Scotland
Thank you all for your thoughts and love. I really appreciate it and find that when things are just totally overwhelming me that I am popping on here and finding solace from you all. I know that I need to let the guilt go and know that mum would be sating to me to stop crying, give myself a shake and for gods sake eat something as you will become ill.

I can almost here her but oh this just hurts. I will come back probably in a few days and perhaps put my thoughts down as I find TP so much of a support..

Again thank you all so much