My George has passed away

willsar

Dec 27, 2010
This morning at 2.30 I recieved a phone call to say George had passed away. Ive sat with him all night but why did he die alone and without me. This was the final kick in the teeth from this dreadful desease. I miss him so much and it took him when I wasn't there.

Last edited:

turbo

Aug 1, 2007
Hello Wilsar, I am so sorry to hear your very sad news about George.

Turbo

sussexsue

Jun 10, 2009
West Sussex
What sad news. So often we hear that once loved ones leave the person lets go. There must be a reason for it.

Sleep tight George.

Sue xx

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
I am sorry to hear your news, my deepest sympathies to you at this very sad time.

There is much said about how and why some people choose to die alone. If your experience is worrying you I do suggest you talk to the Emotional Listening Service (run by the Samaritans). There service is available 24 hrs and it may be worth ringing them:

Telephone: 08457 90 90 90 (24 hours, seven days a week)

E jo@samaritans.org

W www.samaritans.org

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
Dear Willsar
Im sorry to hear about your George passing , Please accept my condolences .

I gained much comfort and support from the lovely people on here when my mum died , so when you feel able come here ,we are only the other side of the screen .

Sending you my love xxxxxx

linda1scot

Aug 2, 2011
north lanarkshire
I am so sorry to hear of your loss.

From what I have read a lot of ill people do not want the relative to see them die as they know deep within them that it will be upsetting for the person involved. They hold on until the person has left the room and in some cases it's only minutes that they are alone and decide that this is the time.

Please try not to feel bad that you were not there and try to remember that it was maybe one of George's last decisions through love that he was able to make in order to save you the pain.

My heart goes out to you and sending you hugs of comfort.

May God Bless you in the coming days,

Linda xx

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Dear Wilsar,
So sorry for your loss and pain. I can only begin to imagine your pain at not being there....but believe that is how George needed it to be....knowing that you had been with him, but were safe at home, so he could slip away.
Love Amy

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Willsar,

I am so sorry to hear your news and my hope for you is that you find some peace about your George leaving without you present. I, too, have often heard that some people choose to leave when the loved one is not actually present. I was present in the room with my Alan (and had been for several hours) but the moment I was distracted by bickering nurses, Alan flew away!! eeek. It gives me comfort and peace to think that he had to make his final journey alone and that he chose his moment to let go of me.

My deepest condolences. I like the way Lyn says we are just the other side of the screen!!

Love to you

uselessdaughter

Jun 8, 2009
West Country
So sorry

Dear Willstar

I am so sorry for your loss. Try and think of it as George now being free from his suffering - not easy I know.

My late Mother always said that if she had any say in the matter she did not want any of her loved ones to watch her die. I also feel the same way. I do not want my husband to watch my life disappear - I fear him replaying the moment over and over in his head.

Sincere condolences.

Linda

nicoise

Jun 29, 2010
Dear Willsar,

So sorry to hear of your sudden loss of George.

Thinking of George, you and your family xxx

EES

Jun 29, 2011
sorry to hear of your loss - I think George wanted to spare you his final moments - he is at peace now xxx

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
So sorry the read that George has passed away. My husband passed away when I was out of the room so I understand the feeling so well.

Sending condolences and may you be granted the strength to get you through the coming days.

Best wishes
Christine

flowerpot

Jul 27, 2010
Rural North Northumberland
So sorry to hear your news of George.

Thinking of you at this very sad time.

Take care and come back when you feel up to it. We'll all be here to offer support when and if you need it. xxxx

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Dear Willsar,
My sympathies to you and your family. I also have heard about people waiting till their loved ones were gone before passing away. One friend's father kept waving them out of the room so he left. As soon as he got home, he received the call.

So perhaps this was George's last act - trying to save you the pain of being there.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Micmomgram 5