Mum never has to be frightened again

maggie235

Jun 7, 2011
Worcestershire
Hi sorry to hear about your loss .. I understand how you feel as my brother and i care for my mother who is in the late stage of dememtia and is still struggling with her fears and anxiety ....we lost our dad in December and care for mum fultime. Your mum is at peace now and hold on to those happy memories :)
my thoughts are with you Maggie xx

flinny

Sep 1, 2008
thanks everyone for your kind words and thoughts.

its these times when you realise that we are not alone. My very good friends took me out to lunch today and it was so nice to talk about past memories of mum, yes with tears but also laughter at the things she did. Also gave Dad time to relax and be himself.

what would we do without friends

christine

http://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/images/icons/icon9.png

Necion

Sep 26, 2010
Aberdeenshire,Scotland
Dear Christine & dad, my sincere sympathy to you both. May the good memories of mum before dementia give you much comfort and strength.

Lots of love, Necion. xx

Vonny

Feb 3, 2009
Telford
Dear Christine, so sorry, have just caught up with your sad news. Thinking of you and your dad xxx

milomia

Nov 29, 2010
Middlesbrough
So sorry

To lose you Mum is a terrible experience, and even though we talked about it and were warned, it still came as a great shock...we drew strength from the fact she was a fantastic person, a funny and warm woman and a brilliant Mum and Nana...and now still 7 years on I think of her every day and think.....she knows the secret...xxx much love to you and your Dad....it will get easier...xx