The dreaded television

Worried Milly

Feb 19, 2009
I wanted to ask if anyone else is experiencing a television addiction. Peter always liked tv or a good movie before he was diagnosed. He is now 62 and DEMANDS movies on tv (dvd movies) every minute we are in the house and he is not sleeping.

Television serials are not interesting for him anymore - he used to love all sci fi - Babylon 5, Star Trek, Star Anything ... but even those are no good - he wants only dvd's on - action packed and does not mind how often he watches them.

He gets short tempered and irritable if we try to change his viewing or go out.

It is very wearing . Anyone else please ?? Any ideas please ?? Just want to pick up the television and put it out for the bin men next thursday.

Thanks .

Jo1958

Mar 31, 2010
Yorkshire
Milly, hi
You and me both, oola, such tedium. I sit here beside hubby as he watches DVDs and whatever and have my laptop for sanity.
Talking Point and Spider keep me going.
No answers just lots of sympathy and understanding, welcome to learning patience.
With best wishes from Jo

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Milly,
If Peter is happy and enjoying TV, go with it. As long as it's not too loud, you should be okay. Is he happy to watch it alone? Then it's all good. If you have to watch it with him, I can understand why you want to throw the set out.:)

Eventually this phase will pass because he won't be able to follow the movie. I suspect he's focusing on action movies because they are so easy to understand - very much like cartoons, most of them. Plus watching the same ones over and over is familiar and he probably finds them comforting because they don't confuse him.