(I’ve Not Deserted TP)

Barry

Oct 14, 2006
Indonesia
Hi everyone,

I just want to say that I realize I’ve not been so active with posting new threads or replies on TP of late but please don’t think that I’ve deserted “Talking Point”… (Far from it) it’s just that now when I try to write down my thoughts all the words and sentences become disarranged in my brain a bit like misplaced clattering goods trucks being shunted around in a wasteland railway yard and the more I try to expel the confusion in the hope of finding some eloquence of language the more perplexed and frustrated I become…

An example of this point within problem is that it’s taken me over “THREE HOURS” just to type this… which for those people who haven’t in some way been touched or become victim to this illness find it extremely difficult to comprehend since all they can observe are any physical changes that might take place in our being they don’t see or experience the reality of the excruciating anguish within our mind day after day…

I guess you could say that my life’s language has gone “AWOL” ;)

Barry

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
Dear Barry
I have been wondering how you are , and am so glad to see your posts , I will read the poem you have put on here later on

Take care , much love xxxx

bucko

Jan 28, 2009
Widnes
I've not deserted TP

Hi Barry. How frustrating for you, especially as you have such a love of words. However, congratulations on succeeding to write this post, whether it takes five minutes or three hours you did it, and your words are so valuable to many.

I am hoping to take John to a six week Speech and Language event, where the Therapist is setting a project for I think six dementia sufferers who have lost confidence in speaking because of losing threads of conversations. John doesn't write, but he is talking less and less now because he becomes embarrassed. He's getting his memories mixed up quite often and he realises this, as he talks so much rubbish. To me this means the awareness element in his brain must still be there and this means a lot to me. I am hoping that this project whatever it will be, will help him get his confidence back. (Am I expecting too much?) I will have to let you know what can of project it is after his first session later this month.

Lovely to see you on TP Barry. Love to Sumi.

June x

miss cool

Jul 20, 2010
taunton
Hi Barry just thought i would say i now haw you feel , i have the same problem. allso not been on tp much of late. my speach is getting quit bad if only i could say all i would like to but most of the time i forget what i am on about. i hope you are well , maybe we are entering the more easer stage, who nos.

take care love miss cool.xxxxxxxx

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Hi Barry – I just wanted to say – well to all of you who post here – yours are the most important threads on this forum for me. I may not respond to them (often because I don’t know how to :eek:) ..... but I continue to try to learn from them.

It’s amazing you persevered to make this post, Barry, thank you. And to all of you. I recall when my mum’s ‘writing’ started to fail her ..... the beautiful longhand ‘script’ exchanged for perhaps a mis-spelt word on a scrap of paper and I used to wonder how frustrated she might feel .....

...a bit like misplaced clattering goods trucks being shunted around in a wasteland railway yard

This is a stunning analogy, Barry. I will hold that with me forever.

Love, Karen, x

Barry

Oct 14, 2006
Indonesia
My Dear friends, many thanks for all your motivating support which is why TP is the best dementia related website worldwide…
:D
Barry
Ps: it’s also good to see you on TP again Karen… ;)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ACampbell