Feeling so alone

Mrs Ozz

Apr 20, 2011
Lincoln
Hi there,my husband has just been diagnosed with alzheimers and I feel so alone at times.So pleased I have found this talking point,and hope to get lots of tips from all of you out there.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Welcome.

Sorry about the diagnosis but you`ve found the right place. There is a lot of loneliness on TP and all we can do is try our best to support each other.

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Hi Mrs Ozz - welcome to Talking Point (TP).

I hope you find the forum as helpful as I have. Just ask any questions you might have or simply rant - anything is fine.

Take care

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Dear mrs ozz, welcome from me too. Hope you won't feel so alone now. My mum has dementia and I get all the support I need here. It's been a lifeline x

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
Hello
Welcome to TP .
Though im sorry you needed to find us .

It can be such a shock getting the diagnosis , even though you know something is wrong often long before.

I hope you find TP as helpful as I have ,
Feel free to ask questions ,
Its also a good place to have a rant when you need to

scared daughter

Account Closed
May 3, 2010
A warm welcome Mrs Ozz, coming here means you never need to feel alone. It is a huge comfort when you need advice to be able to ask the guys here, everyone has a different experience but so many have great experience and insight into a situation that you may want help and advice on xxx

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Hello Mrs Ozz and I am pleased too that you have found TP as it sure to make you feel less alone.

When you are ready please tell us more about your husband and of any difficulties that you are facing - there is nearly always someone here who is experiencing something similar.

I also wonder what local support you have, if any. It may be worth you phoning your local Alz. Society who should know of the local support available. This link may help you find the correct one:
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Al...ft:en-gb:IE-SearchBox&rlz=1I7ADFA_en&tbm=plcs

In our case we were able to join in local 'cafes' which were either coffee mornings, pub lunches or general meetings for carers and sufferers to meet together. It was extremely helpful.

I look forward to seeing you around again soon.
Best wishes

Redwitch

Mar 24, 2011
Horsham, West Sussex
Welcome Mrs Oz, I am new to this site, but have already had some wonderful advice. I have found that just being able to "let off steam" to like-minded people helps immensely. Always a cheery word and a shoulder when you need it.

Redwitch xxx

Mrs Ozz

Apr 20, 2011
Lincoln
not so sad tonight

Thank you all for the lovely messages,I feel so much better knowing that I can have a little rant and rave to someone.My husband is only in the early stages of Alzheimers and has just started taking Aricept.He seems to be less depressed at the moment,although it only takes a slight change in his routine and he can get quite cross! [with me usually!]Looking forward to 4 whole days off work over Easter and a visit from our first grand daughter!!

shauna

Sep 10, 2010
Hi Mrs Oz
Welcome to TP im so glad you found us .We are here 24/7 so dont ever feel alone as there is plenty of help and great advice on here. We are all on the same sad journey we have each other and that is a great comfort. look forward to reading your posts.

Shauna