Story about me, mine and mum, past and present, background

CaPattinson

May 19, 2010
West Yorks
Aw thanks

Hi Fenners and Elaine my dearest friends, bless you both. A while since I wrote the story but the poems are more recent and they too tell a story. A story how I want us to be in the same place together. Not just now tho it seems. Yes i've shared very sad memories and I think it shows a lot about me as a person. Your words are so kind. thnak you so much.XXX

I will one day be next to her, all warm, cosy, calm, peaceful and happy together again. Take care my friends, always in my thoughts and heart XXXXXXXXXXXXXX. Good night my darlins and here is mr hug a lot!
View attachment cuddlmonk.bmpand nite nite from me! XXXX

Fenners

May 5, 2010
Essex
He is my lovely huggy monkey, very comforting. I like to see him pop up now and then :D Night night xxxx sleep well xxxxx

Rosie

Jun 10, 2004
South East Wales, UK.
Hello Chris.

Just read through all your postings, so lovely to read, you sound a real special daughter, mother, sister & human being. It was so heartfelt, your life, your lovely mum. I can relate to some things, taking my mam outside, asking her can she hear the birds, she was diagnosed young, 60 yrs old, & passed away last year at 70, coming up to the anniversary. Reading your postings brought back memories of my past to, thank you for sharing them with us, i hope that you are keeping well, your mum's knitwear is amazing, she was one in a million by the sounds of it. Take care, i will keep my eyes open for more of your poems & lovely photo's, take care now, love & hugs Rosie x x x

CaPattinson

May 19, 2010
West Yorks
A while since i wrote this, its about mum and its why I love her and miss her so so much. Its Christmas day 2010 and i am so very very sad. Its why my head feels like its going to explode because I want to run away but I cant its all till there in my head. Some time aago I deleted some pictures because I couldn't bear looking at them. Some may not make sense now.

Jancis

Jun 30, 2010
Hampshire
Hi Chris,
Just read your chapters for the first time.

I think you are truly gifted because not only do you have so much love in your heart but you are able to share it. I know you are still grieving but you are honouring your mum by keeping her memory alive and your daughters are very lucky indeed. Not many people feel inspired to record such personal details of their family history and when their relatives pass on there is nothing left, other than a few mysterious photos or a cold headstone.

I am trying to build my family tree and I wish I could find written testimonials about my grandparents. I still remember them of course but I know so very little about their lives.

I do hope you continue with your writing as well as your photography.

Keep warm and try and enjoy your creative gifts as much as you can.

Love Jancis x

CaPattinson

May 19, 2010
West Yorks
Hi Janis, yes honouring mum this way. I didn't really think that at first and have deleted some photos because they made me sad, but, might sound corny, but when you write from your heart it is easy to do.
I have a lot of good memories here. I realised when I started writing how deep my love for my mum is, so powerful and to have lost hurts just as deeply and powerfully. Its not something I had thought about so it is a shock how much it hurts. The power of love ...

CaPattinson

May 19, 2010
West Yorks
1 where mum lived

2 The window she looked out of when washin up

3 Where we made dens with the clothes horse and sheets

1 101_2163.JPG

1 101_2164.JPG

2 101_2168.JPG

3 101_2166.JPG

CaPattinson

May 19, 2010
West Yorks
All this would be better in a blog I suppose, sorry.

Never mind its here now. Just been to see dad and began to see mum all round me. Her ornaments, she likes artificial flowere, the brighter the better. She was like a magpie. Anything shiny and bright she loved:)

Any presents I bought I wrapped in shiny paper. I once put a present in a gold bag with fringes and sequens and she like the bag better than the present. I still have that bag, was only made of paper but it gave mum joy and I love it!

During her illness she was like a child to me but thinking back she did like childish things or perhaps I should say simple, no that's not right either, erm yes maybe it is right, yes simple things brought her joy. So maybe she was always as bit childlike to me when I grew up and noticed.

When I say childlike, maybe that's because she wasn't complicated. She didn't need expensive possessions to make her happy. She was at her happiest when giving to others

CaPattinson

May 19, 2010
West Yorks
Dad, mum's husband, 3 years on. He is severely disabled and mum right up to the time she went in a ch thought it was her job to look after him and she still could, heartbreaking

101_2175.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leigh_77