request for copy of residential contract from local authority

jackson

Jun 28, 2009
scarborough north yorkshire
hi to you all,

would like to ask a question,has any of you received a copy of the residence contract from the local authority(social services)whilst having a relative living in carehome,and being partly funded by social services?

it seems, i've learned today from another source, that whilst our loved ones are resident in a carehome(wether or not the carehome is private or council run)the local authority is obliged to give us a copy of the contract.

i myself do not have a copy of the contract,but have infact made a request to social services for a copy.

i was just curious if anyone else out there is in the same situation as me?

thanks a lot.jackson(maureen)

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
I'm in the same position Jackson but have not had a copy of any contract. Fortunately I haven't needed a contract as I am very satisfied by the care my husband is receiving and the amount of input I have into his care.

I do think if I asked for one I would be given one.

Good luck

xxTinaT

RobertE

Jan 10, 2008
I also haven't received a copy of the contract; I didn't even think to ask for this to be honest. I will also do so.

jackson

Jun 28, 2009
I'm in the same position Jackson but have not had a copy of any contract. Fortunately I haven't needed a contract as I am very satisfied by the care my husband is receiving and the amount of input I have into his care.

I do think if I asked for one I would be given one.

Good luck

xxTinaT

many thanks TinaT we didn't know that such a contract was likely to exist but we have been now informed by what we consider to be a very reliable source (official, but unable to Identify) that it does and that we are entitled to ask for a copy

Ever green

Dec 31, 2010
West Yorkshire
Contract

I am waiting for a copy of the Nursing Home's contract as my husband is being partially supported by Social Services also.
He's only been in residence since end of November so it's early days, but I will certainly ask for one if none is forthcoming.

jackson

Jun 28, 2009
I am waiting for a copy of the Nursing Home's contract as my husband is being partially supported by Social Services also.
He's only been in residence since end of November so it's early days, but I will certainly ask for one if none is forthcoming.

hi evergreen,
thankyou for your reply regarding residence contract.

i would have thought that under normal circumstances you probably would'nt need to have a copy of the residency contract,but if any problems occur maybe it would be a good idea to have a copy just incase.

remember that old saying go? forewarned is forearmed,jackson (maureen););)

jackson

Jun 28, 2009
I also haven't received a copy of the contract; I didn't even think to ask for this to be honest. I will also do so.

hi robertE.
thankyu for your reply,i am sorry to hear you have not received a copy of the contract,and i can understand why you would not find it necessary to ask for a copy of the contract.

all the same robertE.i have now found out that maybe we should all of us ask for a copy of the contract of residence of care our loved ones have at these residential care homes.

obviously they the S.S.dont want us to have a copy of the contract in the first place,obviously we would cause extra work for them at their department and inconvenience a whole work force in doing so.

what really bugs me is that the S.S.make themselves such an imporant powerful body in our loved ones so called care,that they seem to make it as impossible and difficult as they possibly can do,as to us the loved ones relatives ,having any say so in their care,or even having anything in writing to do so.

in my opinion the S.S.do not wish us to have any say so or power in making any decisions in our loved ones care in these carehomes,but then they've got the nerve to wonder why we all kick up such a fuss and end up complaining about their care.
jackson(maureen)

p.s.even when we do complain my question is???????????????????
does anybody in these so called care departments ever listen properly or do anything about any of our complaints,it appears to me by my personal involvement that the answer is "no"none of the ba.....s ever tke any notice atall,they all just cover up for each other.

would you believe that i actually used to have faith and trust in this care sytem,not any longer i've lost all the faith i ever had,its just one conspiracy after another,they all work together,which in itself means against the person in care and against the families of the person incare.but of course you know as well as i know that they can allways rely on the resident having no memory or recollection of any events.

its a very sad world to think that we put our trust in these so called care trust to look after and care for our relatives with this terrible disease,and yet we reach the conclusion that we and our loved ones are totally let down by the so called "SYSTEM"

i have left this comment after being let down and deceived and feel that i have totally lost all faith in the so called "CARESYSTEM" in this country.jackson(maureen):mad:

Keely

Aug 6, 2007
Don't know what to say other then I concur - I am so fed up with poor care and being made to feel my mother is the problem because they are not trained to care for Alzhiemers/dementia.