My dear mum is no longer suffering

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Lin

So sorry to read of your mum's passing.

I'm glad you and your dad were able to be with her at the end, that must be a consolation for you.

Love,

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
thankyou Everyone.
it dont seem much just saying thankyou but it is from the bottom of my heart.

we r in limbo at the mo, waiting to hear if they going to do p m on mum or not.

got a few more phonecalls to make today, most of the important ones were done yesterday, today its things like getting all the equipment returned.

Can anyone tell me if I need to contact anyone bout dads EPA or does it just lapse now mum is gone.

susiesue

Mar 15, 2007
Herts
Sorry Lin have only just caught up with your very sad thread.

Sending my condolences to you and your family.

Love

Contrary Mary

Jun 11, 2010
Greater London
Good morning Lin

Hope you have managed to sleep, there must be lots to do.

I was going to say yes, but then I reread your post and it is your Dad's EPA so I'm not sure. Perhaps another phone call to the list to the Office of the Public Guardian?

Take care
Mary
x

PostTenebrasLux

Mar 16, 2010
London & Oxford
Dear Lin,

Sending you my warmest sympathy at the loss of your mother and every wish of courage, endurance and strength at this doorway of a new life without your mother.
I hope you allocate some "me" time equaly along all the other important appointments.

Martina

CraigC

Mar 21, 2003
London
Dear lin,

I'm sorry sorry that about the loss of you mum and can understand why you feel all over the place, the first few days are so difficult. Hope you get some sleep and do make sure you look after yourself.

Can anyone tell me if I need to contact anyone bout dads EPA or does it just lapse now mum is gone.
There is a guide here:

http://www.publicguardian.gov.uk/docs/epa101-0409.pdf

What happens if the Donor dies?If the Donor dies the EPA automatically comes to an end. The Attorney should send the original EPA and the death certificate to the OPG as soon as possible. The OPG cannot provide advice about how to deal with the Donor’s estate; this is a matter for a solicitor, District Probate Registry or other professional advisor.

But I would not fret about doing this in a rush, you have other things to attend to.

There is also a thread in the 'After Dementia Dealing with Loss' section that you may fine helpful, it is a difficult enough time so some of us have shared some information to help deal with the more practical issues.

http://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/showthread.php?t=12028&page=2

Its only a two page thread and if you look at the first few post there are links to websites and documents that have a lot of helpful information.

Again, so sorry about your loss and please ask us anything if you need more help, advice or support.

Kindest Regards
Craig

LinzyE

Mar 13, 2008
Sorry to hear of your loss. hope the support you recieve here and from your family keep you strong...

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
Thankyou Everyone

Craig thankyou for the links, they will help a lot.

Dad and I are okish, bit numb but okish.

spoke to mums gp yest, he is quite happy to sign the certificate, so I hope to hear from the coroners office soon

Mameeskye

Aug 9, 2007
NZ
Lin

So sorry to read about the loss of your Mum. May you and your Dad find peace in the days ahead.

(((hugs)))

LOve

Mameeskye

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
Thankyou every1

Craig thanks for the links

It would make life so much easier if their was something like a one stop shop for government depts,

when I contaced attendance allowance they said they would notify pension dept re mums state pension.

carers benifit dept said that they pay benifit for a further 8 weeks

cant do much more till we hear fom coroners office, gp has already signed medical certificate of death,

PollyP.

Oct 8, 2009
Herefordshire UK
Dear Lin
So sorry for the loss of your dear Mum. I do hope that everything goes smoothly for you and your Dad in the coming weeks. You can hold your head up high for taking such good care of your Mum and as you said, she didn't get to the awful end stage of this terrible disease, that must have been such a relief for you all.

Take good care of yourself and your dear dad.

Love from
Pauline
xxx

Scottie45

Jan 25, 2009
CoAntrim
Dear Lin

So sorry to hear of the loss of your dear mum,your dad,famliy and you will be in my thoughts,you all take care Marian xx

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
Thankyou Pauline

Yes ai am so grateful and relieved mu didnt have to go thro that.

My heart is breaking for Kassy who's mum is.