All Male Dementia care home or unit

suJ

Jul 27, 2010
Does anyone know of an all male dementia care home or unit of a care home in the south of england ideally located between oxfordshire and London

Sandy

Mar 23, 2005
Hi SuJ,

Welcome to Talking Point (TP).

I'm sorry, but in all my years of reading posts on TP, I have never come across and single-sex care homes.

If members do have recommendations, they will send them to you via the Private Message system as specific care homes can not be named on the main forum.

Can you tell us why you are looking for an all-male environment?

Take care,

MJW

Sep 24, 2009
East Sussex
Just a thought, but perhaps you could find one through the Catholic church? They probably have a home for former priests which would be all male.

nogginthenog

Dec 8, 2009
North
I did a quick google search out of interest and this did turn up some all male homes - aimed at people who had shown behaviour inappropriate for a mixed home - but they were in Northumberland so probably no use to you. Have you tried asking the LA ?

Angulimala28

Jan 11, 2013
How did you find them in Northumberland? That is where I am looking.

I did a quick google search out of interest and this did turn up some all male homes - aimed at people who had shown behaviour inappropriate for a mixed home - but they were in Northumberland so probably no use to you. Have you tried asking the LA ?

We are desperately seeking a single sex , male care home in Northumberland for my father in law. Thanks

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Hi Angulimala28 and welcome to Talking Point.

You could try sending a Private Message to noginthenog.

If anyone has any ideas - please send them via PM.

Angulimala28

Jan 11, 2013
Not heard of wanting single sex care homes

Hi SuJ,

Welcome to Talking Point (TP).

I'm sorry, but in all my years of reading posts on TP, I have never come across and single-sex care homes.

If members do have recommendations, they will send them to you via the Private Message system as specific care homes can not be named on the main forum.

Can you tell us why you are looking for an all-male environment?

Take care,

I was really surprised to read this from a TP member.... I have come across many people needing this service because one of the features of Alzheimers can be disinhibition in sexual areas and thus requiring an all male unit. Many people might not talk about it if they don't know that it can be a feature of the illness and worry that it is an individual trait.
regards

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
My husband is in a small nursing home. There are 26 residents split up between 3 floors. One is a 9 bed floor, all women, one a nine bed, all male and an 8 bed mixed floor. So not a male only but can certainly cater for someone wanting a single sex placement.

This set up maybe in a lot of other care homes. Unfortunately we are not in your part of the country.

Jay

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marta B