clock for mum

rennie

Sep 2, 2009
Hi Guys, more help please. ANY INFORMATION PLEASE... CLOCK FOR MUM CALENDAR WITH DATE AND DAY CALENDER ONLY Online I have found there are too many other features ie temperature etc. which seems to give lots of figure work that is too confusing for mum,also very expensive. I phone mum every day to tell her the day,and within 5mins she has lost it again.

hopeful

rennie

Nebiroth

Aug 20, 2006
We had a cheap calendar clock for my dad. It worked for a few months, then he lost the ability to read it.

Also, often he wouldn't believe what it said anyway, if it didn;t agree with whatever day or time he thought it was he would claim it was faulty.

If your mum can't remember, then she won't remember to read the clock, and even if she does she forget what she has read straight away.

Michele

Oct 6, 2007
Hi Rennie,

I agree with Sylvia. I was looking into one of these for my mum. It worked out really expensive. I then realised that this would really be a waste of money. Mum now buys the paper every day to prompt her, but she still gets in a complete muddle with the day and time.

This is all part of the road we have to travel. It is hard because I want mum to work out for herself what the day and time is, but obviously she can't. So I just live with the fact that she is going to get in a muddle and phone me lots during the day.

xx

rennie

Sep 2, 2009
re clock for mum monday reply

Hi Guys thanks for your replys. I feel good when I get your mail. I feel I am not the only one with these problems. When you tell people different things they are all trying to give you help but it takes someone with the real problem to understand I feel I am not on my own thank you all for taking the time to get in touch

sincerely rennie

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Keep posting rennie. It`s not good to feel on your own coping with dementia.
We all know where you`re coming from and what you havve to contend with.
xx

Poppy17

Jan 31, 2009
North of England
Calendar Clocks Website

Hello Rennie

Whilst I agree with many of the comments to your question, you might still want to look at this website for calendar clocks run by Whartons.

http://www.wharton.co.uk/home.htm

We bought my mother one, the type you see on bank walls etc. It has been very useful to my mother over the last 2 years and is very well made. The main issue is the huge cost, about £100 but you could ask if it is zero-rated for VAT for disability use (I didn't realise that some items are).

I spent ages looking over the net and this was the only site I could find (although I recently came across a basic version in one of those free catalogue magazines for one-tenth of the price).

Hope this helps.

Poppy

ally12

Sep 17, 2009
Hi
We had a similar problem with dad and the staff nurse at his memory clinic after much seeking found us a wondeful electronic calendar which is rather like a photo frame with just the day and date at the bottom which plugs into the mains and automatically restets itself after any power disruption. (You can in fact insert a photo of you own choice if you wish.) This came from MEDEQUIP and we didn't have to pay anything for it. This worked wonderfully for dad as a visual reminder. Hope thats useful

oldsoulchild

Apr 16, 2008
hi
i got my mam a really simple one, with the day and date from argos, not sure now but could have been about £12. although she doesnt remember to go and check the day, its near the tv so she just sees it and it helps at times, but also says its faulty when she doesnt agree with it as someone else said ;)