The Curse of Alzheimers

elwoodlpool

Mar 27, 2006
Derbyshire
www.myspace.com
Hi all not been on for a while still got the inquiries going on into my mum's death and her inquest is next month on the 7th. But this year has been terrible loosing my mum the way i did and all the badness surrounding mums death. We have a solicitor now too as were going to sue the company involved. But things that keep happening to my family are just unbelievable. The day my mum was buried my Mother-in -laws dog was killed. So she was in a terrible state 2 weeks later my best friend died then little bits of bad news kept coming to my door and as of now this month my employer has been messing me around with money and has sent my family into kaos as he just decided to pay me later than planned so we have been living hand to mouth, And ive been crying with everything going on every day. Also a few weeks ago i was hit by a car and i have now also got shoulder pain.

And to top all this off my father -in-law's mum has just been diagnosed with dementia and also a great friend of mine's mother has alos been diagnosed with Alzheimers in the same week and when i found out it kicked me straing in the teeth. I feel like my head is going to explode with it all im in a financial hole im in arreas with my rent and all this other stuff surley there wont be anymore bad news surley??????

Hope your all well

Mark

Bookworm

Jan 30, 2009
Co. Derry
Hello Mark - I've not been involved with your previous posts - away or off line at those times I think, looking back over your timeline on here. I read the link so I know about your mum.

I just felt i wanted to chip in here and say I've had really bad times in my life with (major) multiple problems (as you have) and when that occurred the only way I could cope was what i call step at a time - some people "say" a day at a time, - but I could only deal with one thing at once. I had to take control back of just one thing at once, if you look at it all too much you feel you can't cope - but take each thing in turn, slowly and put in place one small step to improve it. I hope that helps. With finance I found having my bank on board was the only way and my manager had some amazingly sound advice which got me from debt and outgoings exceeding income into solvency quite quickly. I hope this helps a little to know you are thought about today.

elwoodlpool

Mar 27, 2006
Derbyshire
www.myspace.com
Thank you all for your comments i think i do need to focus on one thing at a time because im not a great person to live with at the moment and my partner Leanne is going through it too as im so difficult but i need to rest it because its not fair to her and the kids..

Mark

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
What a great name

Hiya Elwood, and just like to say that the name you got that from is the greatest film in living memory !!. So sorry to hear of your troubles and would just like to say that this year hasntbeen our best one either but there is light at the end of the tunnel eventually and you just need to bewlieve that things will get better, if you need to talk, always here, Norrms and family

elwoodlpool

Mar 27, 2006
Derbyshire
www.myspace.com
Hi all today i feel very let down and empty as your aware we have been getting a case together to sue the home and ive been finding it hard to get any information from the social services as they have a lot of mums care documented. I got a call last week to meet a head man from the social services. We sat down and went through a few things and well he hit me with a bomb shell. He said "Mark we have to be honest now a lady died in the same situation as your mum in December 08 in the home and we did nothing about it" Bere in mind my mum died in April 09 so the reason this information im requesting is being withheld in my eyes is they have seriously messed up with this other case. That gets swept under the carpet and my mum suddenly has issues in the home and then thay get involved im under no illusion if they had of stepped in it would not of saved my mum but it may of prevented all the issues she suffered before ther death. I know feel like im powerless to do anything the home concerned are covering themselves and now this. Its really hurt me and i dont know were to go from here i contacted the press and sent a strong letter to the coronor too. Mums inquest in next month and i dont know whats gonna happen from there all i know is the company involved have totally hurt my family with all the things its caused and im gonna fight so this does not happen to anyone elses family.

I hope this post is not removed as ive mentioned no names.

Mark

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
I do hope you win your case, get the justice you want .

But I do also hope you don’t put all your energy into it, as it can get all consuming eat away at all your energy that you need to move forward in a positive way . As sometime it’s best to let it go mentality for your own health. We can’t go back in time turn the hands of time that for sure. But just keep fighting for justice we want, while Living in the moment enjoying all your surrounding, life on earth does throw us some very bad time one after another, but my motto is "don't play the victim role , raise above it look for the best in everything you want for your family" . Good luck wishing you all the best.

Last edited:

elwoodlpool

Mar 27, 2006
Derbyshire
www.myspace.com
Thanks for your comments it just fuels my fire when i remember mum on her death bed and looking at her thinking you have fought all your life to support me and my sister as kids and when i think the appauling way she was left and how she was treated i think no way are they getting away with it and even all the stuff after her death i feel like they took her dignity in death away too. I wont go into it in depth because i dont know if im allowed too..

Mark

Michele

Oct 6, 2007
Hi Mark,

You have certainly been and are still going through a hard time.

I am sorry that I can't offer much advice, but I will send you a big ((hug)), and to say that we are all hear for you, whether it be advice or just a hug and care, we are here for you.

Take care of yourself.
Michele
xx

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Hi Mark,

It is like waiting for a bus and then several come along at once.

When Peter passed away with AD he had no life insurance and we still have a mortgage although a small one.

Paying for the funeral, raising the money for that. Unfortunately, due to my disability I can not go out to work.

Then paying the local Authority more money for a headstone, well I just lost it.

On Sunday, my daughter and her partner want to pay for the headstone.

What you are going through is so tough but have you been to the Doctors ?

Sending you best wishes and hope you will soon see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Best wishes
Christine

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Hi Mark,

Sending caring thoughts, encouragement and all the strength needed.

I also lodged a complaint about my mum's death. I never went down the legal road though and that was by choice. The C/H [Australian] was found to breach the standard set out for Emergency Care. The consequences of that was the C/H received a 'notice of required action' basically, end of story.

Serious allegations concerning medications were just swept under the carpet. With other matters the best they could come up with, there were no witnesses, and, that wasn't documented. The investigation was nothing more than a paper one.

I was given reassurance that if a similar case against the C/H was brought to their notice then the C/H would be in big trouble .... Yeah Right!! Months on the C/H received full accreditation.

I recently read that the investigation scheme is under scrutiny. It all just 'beggar's belief'.

A tough and stressful road ahead for you and your sister. I do hope you both find peace and justice for your mum.

elwoodlpool

Mar 27, 2006
Derbyshire
www.myspace.com
Thanks again all for your comments, Today i have spoken to the leading coronor in mums case and i said to him i feel like its me against them all and his exact words to me today were" Its not just you Mark believe me there are lots of serious discrepancies in yours mum's case and these will be addressed" I found it a massive boost today to know that he does agree with me and a man of his power took the time to talk to me,

Mark

julieann15

Jun 13, 2008
Leicestershire
Hello Mark
Good to hear that news-hopefully a case like this will highlight problem areas in care and that the loss of your mum was not in vain. Poor consolation I know?

How is your treatment going?

Love Julie xx

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Hi Mark,

That is positive news.

Stay focused and try not to let any negatives get on top of you.

Best Wishes,

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Hi Mark,

That was a positive thing to have said to you.

I do hope other matters are soon resolved and the financial side has been resolved.

Love to you and family
Christine

Starshine

May 19, 2009
Seaside
Hi Mark
One step at a time is good I also try and practice PMA (Positive Mental Attitude) It works most of the time. I too have had an horrendous few years every single day something else goes wrong, I just wanted to hibernate like a tortoise can, good luck with your case building - you go for it, far too much is just ignored, good luck with finding the outcome your trying to achieve.
Starshine x