Been awhile

mum of two

Oct 3, 2008
beccles
Hi,
it has been a while since I have posted anything on here. My mum died in March this year she had vascular Dementia, which was diagnosed the previous July. It sure is hard without her , i think that she has been away for long enough now & I would like her back. I want to talk to her , to cuddle her but I know that I can't. It was mine & my sons birthday a few days ago which was hard. My mum loved birthdays.
I thought that I would have been able to spend alot more birthdays with her as she was only 67. My dad misses her very much . He loves to come over to see us & our children. I think now they keep him going as he has got alot of health problems himself.

Mandy

Vonny

Feb 3, 2009
Telford
Hi Mandy,

Sorry to hear things haven't been good for you recently. It's still early days in the grieving process and it's rotten for you all.

It's great that your dad is being buoyed up by your children. I lost my mum last month and dad is struggling but being helped along with the company of a border terrier pup. Having children helps I think. Certainly having my son around has helped me but much as he loves his gramps, there's only so much conversation between a teenager and an 82 year old.

So far we haven't encountered any birthdays or anniversaries and I know they will be hard. I'm dreading Christmas this year and I expect you are too. Without children it would be a nightmare.

Wishing you and your family all the best in these difficult times.

Vonny xx

mum of two

Oct 3, 2008
beccles
thanks Vonny,
Yes the children help me sometimes I think what is the point untill I think of them. I should not be thinking like that I had alot of great times with her , far more than they did. I hope that your dad gets through the rough times. Like you I do not want to think about the c word . Mum loved it which makes it harder
Take care mandy

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
I know how you feel , the " Missing " is very hard to learn to live with .

The gift of life is never more or less.
Either days or years are merely moments.
Reverence remains the source of bliss.
More memories do not increase remembrance.
If death must early come, then let it be
Nor more nor less than if it had come late:
A part of a much larger mystery,
Leaving wind and wisdom in its wake.
Longing is the music of our sphere,
Yearning for a time past time and space
In which all that we love is ever here,
Love everlasting, which is now our grace,
Living with us more than we can bear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members