mum please come back

shelley

Mar 29, 2009
i was thinking about mum today she as alzimhers.I droped my little girl of at school then went shopping ,how i wish mum was with me,to look around ,to give her opinion on clothes,or to just chat over a cup of tea about anything ,as i sat on a bench in town a tear trickeled down my face,she was my best friend i could tell her any thing,now thats all gone,and she does`nt even know who i am,life throws some horrible things at us.I feel very sad today.

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
Hi

I am sure we all feel your sadness for you my friend and it must be so hard for you. Just try to think of all the good times you had together and all the laughs you had. When you go to visit her, just look into her eyes and i`m sure you will still see some of your mum in there, lots of "HUGS" best wishes, Norrms and family xx

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Hello Shelley

It seems to be one of those days today and I am so sorry that you are feeling the loss of the way things were with your mum.
I am sure there will have been days or moments when your mum will have felt sad at her inability to give to you in the same ways that she did - maybe even sad that she wasn't given a choice:( I am hoping that tomorrow will be a bit better day for you Shelley and in the meantime I send love and a big (((HUG)))

Last edited by a moderator:

sad nell

Mar 21, 2008
bradford west yorkshire
Shelley it is a horrible feeling isnt it, when they are there with you but not really there, i also just long to do the things I once so took for granted, hope this feeling passes soon. Helen very powerfull and moving picture, brought a lump to my throat love pam

KenC

Mar 24, 2006
Co Durham
This must be very sad for you, as you like the rest of us obviously think the world of your mum, and no matter what anyone says, it is very hard for anyone to come to terms with this illness and the damage it causes on its route.

Like many we have to hang on to those precious memories of our loved ones, that mean so much, and these happy memories will stay with us no matter what happens.

When I am feeling down with this illness, I try to remember all the fun I have had over the years and it does help.

Very Best Wishes

Ken

penguin629

Nov 9, 2008
Shropshire
Hi Shelley

I hope you had a better day. I know exactly how you feel. My dad no longer knows me and that is so painful and upsetting. I wish just for once he'd know me because I don't feel as if I've said goodbye.

Blimey! i'm crying!

And Helen what you said in your message was so touching about how Shelley's mum would be so upset at her inability to give love. I know how frustrated and upset my dad got when he couldn't do something simple. How he knew something was wrong, how he apologised for getting things wrong. I'd give anything to see him standing in the hall at their house, struggling to do a zip up or tie his laces.

Guess those days are gone now.

Joanne

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Hello Joanne

I wish just for once he'd know me because I don't feel as if I've said goodbye.

Oh Joanne it is as if your loss can be felt over the airwaves!!
It is nigh on impossible to know what one experiences when it seems that the person is "gone" but I suspect (and this is very personal) that the person 'knows' but in a completely different way. It may even be a spiritual knowing if the brain no longer functions in actual memory. Who knows? Nobody. I am a person who feels it is never too late if one widens one's horizons;)

Sending you love and a big (((HUG))) Joanne

shelley

Mar 29, 2009
thankyou

thankyou for all the hugs and kisses,today is a better day and dont know what you think but there are so many things i need to say to mum,when i try and talk to her there is just nothing there,a blank expresion on her face,nothingness in her eyes.
Wonder weather she can still read??????????????and understand what shes reading.i have nothing to lose,ive decided to write her a letter,i want to say so much to her,and for her to understand how much i love her.
THANKS SHELLEY.

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Hello Shelley

I'm glad that you are having a better day today.
ive decided to write her a letter,i want to say so much to her,and for her to understand how much i love her
I have known some people do this Shelley but it seems doubtful that your mum would be able to understand a letter. It could prove very therapeutic to you and you could leave it with your mum - just knowing that you have said it. You could also have a copy of the letter with no identifying names and attach it to a helium balloon and send it up into the heavens as a way of saying it to the universe in the hope that the universe will let mum know in ways we cannot understand.

It could also help for you to write to letter to yourself from your mum. Imagine what your mum would want to say to you if she could! These things can be very emotional and tiring and if you do decide to do any of these things, try to make sure that you have someone close by to give you support and comfort.

Love and best wishes