now she has gone.

mum of two

Oct 3, 2008
beccles
Thanks,
It is really good to know that youare there. I know it is early days & each day has it's ups & downs .
Did anyone see panorama tonight it was about britians homecare. Which was really horrible. How they could do it nobody knows.
mandy

Scottie45

Jan 25, 2009
CoAntrim
Mandy

So sorry to hear your sad news about your mum,yes she was to young to die but thankfully her suffering has ended,take care Marian x

lesmisralbles

Account Closed
Nov 23, 2007
I did not watch it

Did anyone see panorama tonight it was about britians homecare. Which was really horrible. How they could do it nobody knows.

Mandy
I have seen enough, from real life.
Barb X

mum of two

Oct 3, 2008
beccles
Hi Barb,
Yes it must be tough for you. The programme made me angury as these people were carers & were meant too be looking after people's loved ones. Well how they treated them was unbelieveable.
I am glad that my mum's carers on the whole cared.
It is really horrible not having her around anymore. I have to think thatshe is with my twin now the one she lost at birth,
Mandy

mum of two

Oct 3, 2008
beccles
Hi,
Today is my wedding anniversary of 13 years my mum would have been really proud.She really liked them . She was really proud the day that i got married. she couldn't stop smiling with is a lovely picture to have. I have been missing her so much the last few days.
Mandy

Scottie45

Jan 25, 2009
CoAntrim
Hello Mum Of Two

Today will be hard for you but i hope your hubby and you still have a nice day,i am sure your mum will be smiling today for your anniversary,as you say she really loved them and for her you should have a nice day.So sorry you are missing your mum so much but hopefully time will help with that.Well enjoy your day,and remember how happy your mum would have been for you today.take care Marian xx

mum of two

Oct 3, 2008
beccles
Hi Marian,
Thanks for your kind words. My husband wanted to take me to lunch but i just did n't feel like it.Instead i went to my mum's grave & chatted to her .I just did want to celerbrate it . My husband sais to me that lossing my mum was my last link to my twin which died at birth. i just wish that he was alive i really feel so lonely.
I hope in time i will feel a bit better but i think that i will always miss them both alot.
take care Mandy..........................

Lanie

Aug 31, 2008
Surrey
Dear Mum of two

I haven't been on for quite sometime and sorry to read about your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you, your Dad and the family as you come to terms with your loss.

I hope you have some comfort from the fact that your Mum is no longer suffering.

I know you will miss her greatly, but you'll always have your memories of her in your heart and family, she'll always be with you.

Sorry I wasn't online to support you.

Look after yourself and your family.

Love Lanie

Last edited:

mum of two

Oct 3, 2008
beccles
Hi laine,
It's good to hear from you , how is your mum..
Yes my mum doesn't have to deal with dementia anymore but she was too young in my eyes. I really do miss her heaps that's for sure. I know that she loves me still & she is with me
Mandy

mum of two

Oct 3, 2008
beccles
hi
It really seems hard too think that i will never see my mum again . I have had a few good moments but it is a real struggle to do things that's for me to do things. I have been doing some welding i have made an arch in mum's memory & a couple of flower vases for mum's grave.

mandy

Mameeskye

Aug 9, 2007
NZ
Hi Mandy

It does take time...even a year on there are days when life is unfair and the tears flow. My life has not been on an even keel for the last year and when the going gets tough the missing gets worse!

But there are also times that it fades and life becomes full of fun..with my kids...and I want them to remember me as a happy Mum which is the best tribute I can pay my Mum and so I try to do this.

It has been a short while and we never forget. Your arch sounds like a beautiful way of remembering. I hope that it gives you adn yor family pleasure in years to come.

Love

Mameeskye

mum of two

Oct 3, 2008
beccles
Thanks Mameeskye,
I love my arch & am proud of it . i hope that my new love for welding & making things helps me get through the difficult times which will come. I hope that my kids will be able to make me laugh from time to. Take care.
Mandy

Lanie

Aug 31, 2008
Surrey
Hi Mum of Two

My Mum is deterioating rapidly and life is very difficult.

Of course you miss your Mum you always will, but in time the pain will ease. You did everything you could for her and were the best daughter you could be, but this dreadful illness cannot be beaten,what ever any of us do.

How is your Dad coping? How are the children?

I'm at loss for words and can't really begin to understand what you are going through, I can only imagine.

Look after yourself and your family and remember the happy times you had with your Mum before dementia hit your lives. The good memories will help you at the lowest times. Be strong.

Love Lanie

mum of two

Oct 3, 2008
beccles
Thanks Lanie,
I really am glad that i had so many good times with my mum .
My Dad seems to be doing well & is getting out & about. I know that he really does miss her.The children don't seem too bad i think that my daughter shows her feelings more than my son. I think that they want to make the most of Dad as he himself has health problems.
I am sorry too hear that you Mum isn't so good. It really is horrible to see them go through it . We have too cope with it as best as we can sometimes it is easier to say it than do it.

Well take care
Mandy