now she has gone.

mum of two

Oct 3, 2008
beccles
Hi,
MY Mum passed away on the 8 march. she had vascular dementia & had to have dyalsis. Which wasn't giving her a very good quality of life. Plus she was getting very upset with it & wanted to keep pulling the lines out which was becoming unsafe for her .So they thoughtit was best to stop after talking to us. the outlook was 1 to2 weeks . Mum did 10 days then died at home. she had previously broken her hip in November and had been in hospital untilthe 10 days before she died.At least she was at home but she did seem quite young to die at 67.

Mum of Two

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Dear Mum of Two, I'm so sorry to hear your sad news. Your mother was indeed very young. It must have been a comfort for her to die at home. Please accept my sincere condolences. Love Deborah

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Dear Mum of Two..

I'm so sorry to hear about your mum....she was very young and you must miss her.

Please accept my sincere condolences to you and your family.

We're here if you need us.

love gigi xx

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Hello Mum of Two:

My deep sympathy to you at the loss of your dear Mum. She was too young but I do hope you gain comfort from knowing she spent her last days at home. You have been a great, caring daughter and now take care of yourself.

Best wishes Jan

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear mum of two

I am so sorry your mother had such a struggle. She isn`t suffering now, although I know you and your father are.

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Mum of Two

Please accept my sincere condolences Mum of Two on the loss of your dear mother.

Love

Amber 5

Jan 20, 2009
Berkshire
Hi,
I was so sad to hear your story. Having only just had a diagnosis confirmed for my mum, I can only imagine what you must be feeling right now.

My love and sincere condolences to you and your family.
Gill x

mum of two

Oct 3, 2008
beccles
Thank you ,
For all of your kind words & thoughts . Yes she isn't in any pain & was able to come home to die . which i think was really good for my dad. I really do miss her she was a good friend. I know that her spiritis inside my heart. She will always be missed. I think that if i didn't have my 2 children then I would feel like giving up. They both love thier Nan. i am glad that i was able to go & see her every day during her last week. I sure gave her a lot of kisses & cuddles. I told her that i loved her more than all the tea in china cups. Which i used to say to her when i was younger.
some days i didn't really feel like going but another part of me really did.

Thanks Mandy

DianeB

May 29, 2008
nottinghamshire
(((((Mandy))))) sending you my deepest thoughts, Your Mum passed away on the same day as mine did, and like yourself there is some relief because she is not suffering anymore but I really do miss her too. xxx

Sam Iam

Sep 29, 2008
WEST OF THE MOON
Mum of Two,
I am so sorry to read that your Mum passed away,she would be so proud of you and your Dad for the care she recieved in her own home for her final days and she would have heard you tell her you love her.

Yes her spirit is in your heart, Mum of Two and she will want you to take time to grieve properly. I will tell you honestly you will hurt for a while but you learn to live with the feeling and one day you will smile when you think or speak of your Mum.

You will see her in your children as they grow for there are things that our parents did our children have not been taught but still somehow emulate, you will know when you see it i:e my nephew stands exactly the same way my Dad did and he never met my Dad.
Hope this helps just a wee bit.

LOVE AND BEST WISHES XX

Snip

Mar 16, 2009
I am so sorry to hear that your mum has passed away, Mandy. Yes, she was far too young....and a mum is a very precious person :)

I'm sure she was proud and happy to be loved so much.

Best wishes

Snip x

mum of two

Oct 3, 2008
beccles
Thanks all,
thank you for all your lovely repies. I am sure she is proud of me & tes from time to time i talk too her. I asked her in the early part of the week weather she was pleased that she was at home . she said yes . I am glad that i had such a great mum.

mandy:):)

mum of two

Oct 3, 2008
beccles
Hi,
It really seems wierd going to see my dad & mum's not there. I went today with the kids. my daugther who's 5 said she was going to see nanny & grandad twice . I asked her if she knew that nanny was dead & she said yes . Prehaps she can sense her there.
I just wish that i had dreams about her . It is so hard at times..
Mandy

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Mandy

It`s very early days to expect to feel much different. The grief is still new and the hole in your life is big.
Give yourself time.
Love xx

Mameeskye

Aug 9, 2007
NZ
Mandy

It does take time...an awful lot of it. What has been is just not there any more. All your references change and when you go somewhere that your Mum always used to be it takes time to become accustomed to her not being there.

My young son has told me that he has seen Nana in my bedroom watching me. She has never been in this house at all but he saw her. Whether he did or whether it was a dream I don't know but it was nice to hear.

Mum has been gone just over a year....eventhough in reality she was not there for a lot longer than that.

I still miss her. But I have my memories and she lives on there.

((((Hugs)))))

Love

Mameeskye

DianeB

May 29, 2008
nottinghamshire
(((Mandy))) Dads house feels empty without Mum. We didn't go very often to Dads house when Mum was put in the nursing home as we would see each other at my end. Now we visit Dad and it just does not feel right.

I know the path you walk and I hope for both of us, over time it will ease. I try to think of Mum being back to herself, no dementia, no suffering and with the loved ones she has so missed since they have passed.

I have had dreams about Mum, and although they have been lovely the waking up from them are the nightmares because that is when reality hits hard.

Sending you loads of hugs xxxx