Well Ive done it

Cl13

Feb 19, 2009
Cumbria uk
I've got my bath lift, it arrived yesterday and now its in place ready for tomorrow, even bought the swivel and slide transfer cushion, wish me luck lol, off to bed now having an early night mums already there. by4now Lynn

Scottie45

Jan 25, 2009
CoAntrim
Hi Cl13

All the best for your bath lift tomorrow,i hope you find it very easy to use and that your mum likes it.Take care Marian x

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
That is wonderful and I hope that it makes bathing so much easier. Well done and enjoy:)

Love

suzanne

Jul 25, 2006
wiltshire
In the same boat

Hi there, well what a coincidence, I got the bath lift delivered today too, Ma is NOT looking forward to tomorrow,so much so she has consigned herself to bed for the day with a fit of the wobbles:confused: But I shall look forward and say it is a great help and the carers will enjoy not having to struggle with her:D

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Incidentally I have seen it suggested (maybe on here, maybe somewhere else) that it can be a good idea to have a "dry run" with these things. I.e. put the person on it fully dressed and in an empty bath so if they do have problems you're only dealing with a dry person and not a wet and slippery one.

Cl13

Feb 19, 2009
Cumbria uk
Snap Jennifer, mum had a dummy run fully dressed, then I had a bath, then mum bathed too, we both think its great, its a lot quieter than I expected after hearing of problems other people have had.

Suzanne, how do you like yours,and which one did you choose it took me ages to decide lol, I hope your mum likes it,I got a Sonaris in the end , I also bought the Aquatec transfer cushion, what a great little gadget that is, although I couldn't believe the difference in prices on the internet, I paid £26 but if I hadn't shopped around I could have paid £75, how can they justify a difference like that, I could have got it for £14.99 on ebay, but I haven't mastered that yet and soon gave up lol.
Your mum career's will be very greatfull when they come, it certainly makes the job a lot easier. by4now Lynn

Vonny

Feb 3, 2009
Telford
then I had a bath, then mum bathed too, we both think its great

I've always fancied a go on my mum's seat! Dad always fills the bath with badedas too so mum really likes it. She still has to be told, mind you. If we ask her, it's always too cold or she couldn't be bothered. But when we say it's bath time she sits on the seat like a little lamb waiting to be lowered into the bubbles :)

Vonny xx