My Illness

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
Hi everybody, my name is Norrms and i`m 51yrs old and just been told i have early onset, even though i have a fantastic and loving family, is it normal to feel so alone ??

Annoula

Dec 4, 2008
Greece
hello Norrms,

i think everybody starts to feel alone when he/she is confronted with something bad because he/she is the one that is happening to.

i have found great help when i tried to take out whatever was bothering me even if i had to fight with myself to do it.

you are privilaged to have a loving family. talk with them, share your concerns and keep your smile.

we have so few times of joy in our lives. it's a pity to waste them.

if it's early onset there are a lot of things you can do to help yourself.

take care and keep smiling!!!

myheadisinaspin

Nov 6, 2008
marlow bucks uk
hi and welcome to the site, there are people on here who themselves have the disease and others who care for someone who has the disease so lots of topics of discussion on the go. i hope you will share your thoughts feelings etc with us all along the way, good or bad. my mum is awaiting diagnosis and she is 62 now, but i think its been going on some time now. perhaps your family could find comfort on the site too.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Norms

I do understand your feelings of isolation even though you have a loving family. WE are all affected in different ways by a diagnosis of dementia, carers and sufferers alike and one of the most difficult issues to have to face is the feeling of loneliness.

Talking Point [TP] has helped to ease my loneliness and I really hope it helps you.

MandyW

Oct 11, 2005
Newbury
Early Onset

Hi there,
Just wanted to say that my Mum was diagnosed at 48 years old, and she is going to be 59 this year. Being so young is so hard, I was only 20 when my mum was diagnosed so if you have children maybe you can suggest to them to come onto this forum too as well as yourself. It has helped me and maybe it can help your family too?
Best wishes,
Mandy:)

Annoula

Dec 4, 2008
Greece
hello Mandy,

this is a very supportive place indeed. i hope it grows even larger and help more and more people.

take care!

penguin629

Nov 9, 2008
Shropshire
hello Norrms

I think you're incredible brave. Please keep in contact with us on here. And anytime you need to rant, cry or share something wonderful then share.

keep smiling. I made my dad smile today and it lifted my spirits so much. It's one of the most powerful tools we have.

Love Joanne

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Micmomgram 5