Talking Point flyers

fearful fiona

Apr 19, 2007
London
I'm so pleased these leaflets have become available, because I have been telling so many people about TP.

My chiropodist has a lot of dementia patients/carers and has agreed to put them in her surgery. Definitely in my GP's surgery, my Mum's care home and I would also like to put them in the psychiatric unit at the local NHS hospital as they didn't seem to have heard about it.

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
I put some in Boots the Chemist and will take some of the next lot to the dentist. I think anywhere that will place them is great because they need to be seen. I'm also going to ask the paper shops around here if they will have one in their windows and also the Post Office (the one that's left that is)!!

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
Leaflet: go to the first post on this thread on page 1. There's a link there.

Tea Room: scroll up to the top of the page and you will see
"Alzheimers Talking Point > Support from other members > Support for people with dementia and their carers > New TP Leaflet"
under the broad green line across the page.
Click on Alzheimers Talking Point and you will find a heading for Tea Room on the screen which comes up. Bon Voyage - See you there!

May

Oct 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Got my leaflets

and Mum's care home have taken most of them! They have said they will put them in their information packs.

Linda Mc

Jul 3, 2005
Nr Mold
My second lot arrived yesterday but after I had gone out to a forum and I really wanted to take them with me but will next time!

Local chemist nearly snapped my hand off and took 50 seems two staff members have father's with Alzheimer's. Local surgery and daycentre took the rest of my first batch.

Will try Opticians and other chemists too. I am taking them to the memory clinic too and will also ask the Admiral Nurse. We have a drop in centre locally for all carers so will leave some there as well.

Linda x

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Thousands of leaflets to 'promote' TP? ... can I ask what is the plan behind ensuring the appropriate support is available to new users?

Long-standing (and no doubt any new) members know that moderators do their voluntary role against a backdrop of their own caring commitments or other responsibilities ...... and - such is life in our circumstances - even self-regulating membership - cannot "guarantee" what support can be given to TP ..... their own families and loved ones' needs having to come first?

I am just intrigued - and admittedly a little concerned - if there is at least a UK-wide 'exercise' to promote the forum - what is the 'plan' supporting it to ensure the support that might be needed? TP has shifted and changed since my first registration here and no doubt will again ....... and I hold my hands as up guilty myself that as caring needs have increased my ability to 'pay-back' has lessened....... Or is there some 'Masterplan' I have completely missed?

This is not like promoting a business? And worse, if expectations of 'client needs' are raised only then for the forum not to deliver - where does that leave people needing help?

I love the idea of anyone benefitting from TP as I have done, but just want to ask what infrastructure is in place to 'deliver' to new members if these 'zillions' of leaflets get the expected response?

:confused: Karen, x

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
can I ask what is the plan behind ensuring the appropriate support is available to new users?

Now that is food for thought Karen

I’ve seen quite a few new members of late, that have been diagnosed with dementia few years before posting so I would of thought that with more member ‘s even with they own reasonability there be sharing they own experience how they cope in the past or have not cope , even if they not looking for an answer.

They just looking for like minded people that understand what it like to care for someone with a dementia , so they know they are not alone, in what they feeling coping or not coping in looking after someone with a dementia .

So am still wondering why would we need appropriate support available to new users, as it be such a positive more forward for all of us having more members , just sharing helping each other as we flow along as we have since I've been on hear for the last 2 years also since TP first stared in 03

Last edited:

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
Quote:
can I ask what is the plan behind ensuring the appropriate support is available to new users?
Hi Karen
It was never the intention to flood the land with a blanket cover of leaflets as in business promotion.
If only a few worried ,lonely people can gain some help, and maybe also give help to others by picking up a leaflet then the leaflets will have been worth it.
Norman
PS Saturday WBA V REAL MALLORCA can't wait,a good run up for Arsenal the next week.
N

KatherineW

Oct 2, 2007
London
I love the idea of anyone benefitting from TP as I have done, but just want to ask what infrastructure is in place to 'deliver' to new members if these 'zillions' of leaflets get the expected response?

Hi Karen

We have had flyers for Talking Point for some time now, which have always been available for TP members, Alzheimer's Society branches and others to get hold of. When we re-designed the flyers recently, it seemed to make sense for TP members to be able to order them online, so that they could distribute them in their local area, if they wished.

I appreciate your very valid concerns about ensuring that Talking Point, and the volunteer moderators, are properly supported. We will do our best to make sure that Talking Point grows at a pace that is manageable, and that the moderators get the support that they need from the Alzheimer’s Society.

Thanks
Katherine

mocha

Feb 17, 2006
Lancs, England
leaflets

I have just finished watching the Terry Pratchet programme and it just goes to show how many different kinds of the disease there are.

It reminded me of talking point as I haven't been on since I got a new PC.
Just ordered 50 leaflets to distibute to the Nursing Home and Alzheimers local meeting. It would be nice if they came before the 11th[day of monthly meeting]
Take care everybody
Aileen

applesue

Nov 4, 2009
Brussels, Belgium
Leaflets

Thank you for distributing the leaflets. We came across the leaflet on our last trip to the UK and I have just signed up..... We live in Belgium, and I have been looking for some kind of support group to help me deal with mum's Alzheimers. Dad's taking care of her at home, with as much support as I and my brother and sisters can give him. I get back every six weeks or so, but it's hard going on top of a full-time job, with a 6-7 hour journey.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello applesue

Welcome to Talking Point [TP].
The next time you post please start your own Thread and then members can get to know you.
I hope you will benefit from being a member.

guess who

Apr 26, 2010
My quilting group has made a quilt to raffle at our exhibition in May, to support our local Alzheimer's work. I will gladly put leaflets out at this exhibition and also at the back of my church. I will check in my GP surgery and dentist as well. I wish I had known about this forum a couple of years ago.

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
I have put some on the noticeboard at Jan's home.

The last fliers I tried to get put in the local GP surgery but they wanted to put it to a committee and it then disappeared into the ether.

Think I'll try again......

The fliers are a great idea. Your GP surgery reminds me of mine... but I'll give it a go. Lots of leaflets there but yet to see anything about dementia. let us know if you have more success this time?

scarletpauline

Jul 19, 2009
Leicestershire
I couldn't get the link to work, I did try copying and pasting it but it still didn't work. I just wanted a quick peek before I ordered some for my local surgery, memory clinic etc. Pauline x

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leigh_77