CD storage: any tips?

dora

Aug 1, 2007
England
Mum loves to listen to music and it seems to keep her calmer, she gets tapes and CDs out ok but they never get put back and the house is full of loose CDs, tapes, empty boxes and cardboard inserts. Her sight is very poor, as is her husband's. Has anyone any tips on how to store the CDs so they don't get scratched but she can still find them? Dora

toby12

Jan 26, 2007
Surrey
CD Solution

Have a look at this

www.3ga.org.uk

We bought one for my Mum and it's brilliant. If they can use a CD player they can use this, the display is really clear, and there's one knob basically to use it.

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
It is worth while bearing in mind for anyone who has dementia at any stage, that even the simplest of new things - because they are new - can prove unusable.

I bought a new Bosch washing machine for my Jan because it had a single button and I thought - how can she have problems with this? Jan never ever used the machine. She could still play piano perfectly, and do most things that were familiar, but the new washing machine was a step too far. It was *new*.:(

dora

Aug 1, 2007
England
Thanks for your suggestion, Toby - it sounds a good idea. Mum has managed to cope with a new CD player recently although we bought her a new duvet last Xmas (2006) and she couldn't cope with that!