The Adventures of Poppet & Other Stories

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
On the test drive I said I wanted a Hab Check (that I would pay for) and a full MOT, which he agreed to, as I was “disappointed” it only had four months left on

As he’s not bothered to contact me with the results I looked them up ... he could have called me and said something :mad:

I’ll bet he thought I’d just say “oooh isn’t she pretty” and hand over loads of cash

DianeW

Sep 10, 2013
Lytham St Annes
Be very careful Sam......the last thing you want is to buy a load of work, I know you always take a chance on purchasing any vehicle but if no full MOT I’d walk.....

He’s got a cheek, of course any sensible person is going to want it fit for purpose and safe.
It’s a lot of money and really needs careful consideration, they can be a money pit when things go wrong!!

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
He’s got a cheek, of course any sensible person is going to want it fit for purpose and safe.
It’s a lot of money and really needs careful consideration, they can be a money pit when things go wrong!!

I’m letting things play out @DianeW I now gave a Hab Check and the cost of the repairs, together with a full 12 month MOT. I’ve also got a quote fir all the advisories, so I know what the costs will be

The seller is acting like it’s my fault he has to drop the price, not his for not maintaining it :eek:

I’ve made an offer, he countered with a minimal reduction and I’ve left him to think about it for several hours

I’ve now messaged with a polite apology about chasing down quotes, while reminding him that I’m a cash buyer and I was upfront about wanting to be sure of the van prior to purchase

We shall see what his response is :rolleyes:

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
Sorry to hear about Poppet 11, although it sounds like that one might not be the right poppet for you. Glad you went for the habitation check as well as checking in the MOT advisories. I hope it works out for the best. We have a small motorhome that I now actually enjoy travelling in. (Hated the idea when OH first suggested getting one)

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I’m leaving it till the morning @Spamar ... I like the style and layout of the van, it now has a full MOT and I can get the Hab Check stuff sorted so it’s healthy to live in .. I could just do without the sellers attitude

we shall see ...

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
On a lighter note ...

I dread to think what Pooch’s previous owners did, but he never asks to go out, just starts to shuffle around, like he’s trying to get comfortable. He’d sooner make a mess than any noise to show he wants to go out

Anyway, he started shuffling around, so I put down my book and he got excited, picked up his lead and yes, he definitely was interested, so out we went

It’s finally stopped raining, so it was a pleasant amble up the hill

Pooch got interested in what looked like a leaf blowing across the path, I pulled him back as the “leaf” seemed to move rather too uniformly to be a leaf. It was a frog! What’s a frog doing in a field? I let it hop away, with a very interested Pooch tracking it, but unable to get at it

I’d noted where the frog had gone and on the way back past, I made sure Pooch couldn’t get too close. Bless him, he stopped near the frog, got up on his hind legs and was peering over at it, tail wagging ... most put out when I pulled him away!

I’ve never met a Pooch so desperate to be friends with ever person or creature he meets. Up on his hind legs, tail wagging and sniffing while making a “yes, yes, yes” noise lol

Pooch then “talked” to me all the way to the van, desperate to go back and make friends with the frog!!!

He’s now curled up on my bed and will no doubt start snoring soon

Kikki21

Feb 27, 2016
East Midlands
Pooch sounds very eager to please! Maybe he lived with some four legged companions before & wants company?
That seller of potential Poppet 2 sounds like a right cheeky idiot! Obviously trying to take advantage. I would say oi looks like you’ve been a bit slack with the previous MOT seeing as nothing was sorted! Maybe you will find a better Poppet 2! Fingers crossed!

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I don’t know about his first home @Kikki21 , but his second didn’t have any other pets & the woman made it plain she didn’t like Pooch, she got him to replace her “baby”, but he was “too big”.

Poor Pooch. He is anything but big. I’m forever tripping over him as he’s barely above my calf’s and you never replace a pet, they are all individual. He’s desperate to be with people, just loves to be adored. Lucky he’s so cute lol

I’ve chatted with the garage and been reassured about the “advisories”, I’m having some done, but the others are not necessary. Also chatted up the sales guy and got details on what they would have as an asking price. Topped off with a quote for the small damp patch and it cane in £200 less than they’d originally thought .... so .... although the seller is a right cheeky mare ... it is a good deal and I did get a bit more off the price ... so ... I’m meeting him tomorrow to do the deed :D

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
Pooch sounds like an ideal PAT dog.
Glad to hear that Poppet 11 might still make the grade as your new abode. Hope the deal now all goes through smoothly.

Kikki21

Feb 27, 2016
East Midlands
I don’t know about his first home @Kikki21 , but his second didn’t have any other pets & the woman made it plain she didn’t like Pooch, she got him to replace her “baby”, but he was “too big”.

Poor Pooch. He is anything but big. I’m forever tripping over him as he’s barely above my calf’s and you never replace a pet, they are all individual. He’s desperate to be with people, just loves to be adored. Lucky he’s so cute lol

I’ve chatted with the garage and been reassured about the “advisories”, I’m having some done, but the others are not necessary. Also chatted up the sales guy and got details on what they would have as an asking price. Topped off with a quote for the small damp patch and it cane in £200 less than they’d originally thought .... so .... although the seller is a right cheeky mare ... it is a good deal and I did get a bit more off the price ... so ... I’m meeting him tomorrow to do the deed :D

Yay pleased to hear Poppet 2 looks like a go er after all! Ahhh Pooch sounds lovely - have you got a photo?
The many knock on effects of my current situation is that I need Kikki’s over active thyroid meds & the vet very nearly didn’t prescribe them last time as they wanted to see her for blood tests & being cynical, that is just more money for them. I have now told them the situation has escalated & I really don’t want another argument !
Let’s hope they see sense!

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Yay. She’s all mine @Bikerbeth I’m a tiny bit excited and want her here right now, but she’s going in the garage first ... soon ... very soon :D

Pooch is going to be unsettled by yet another move around, but I’m sure he will be ok

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
Yay. She’s all mine @Bikerbeth I’m a tiny bit excited and want her here right now, but she’s going in the garage first ... soon ... very soon :D

Pooch is going to be unsettled by yet another move around, but I’m sure he will be ok
Hurrah great news. Hope the garage works efficiently and effectively.
Pooch may be a little unsettled but I am sure with you and your things around he will indeed settle quickly.
What will you do with Poppet?

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi @Kikki21

Unfortunately a photo would definitely identify me , so maybe not

He so made me laugh last night. He suddenly sat up and did a little growl. I ignored him, so he stood up and stared at me. I looked at him, then carried on reading

He then did one bark and jumped straight up about a foot. I giggled.
Took one step forward, one bark, one jump straight up and then repeated it, I burst out laughing

He was not best pleased at me laughing, but he looked so funny, like Zeberdy off The Magic Roundabout :D

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
What will you do with Poppet?

Thank you @Bikerbeth Im looking forward to getting her all kitted out and as you say, with my stuff around Pooch should settle ok

I’ve got one person interested in taking Poppet off my hands, a single lad, who just wants a cheap place to sleep between shifts, it should work well for him and he’s a mechanic, so he can fix her up