Changes

Tartanlady2

Dec 15, 2019
I care for my husband who was diagnosed earlier this year. He is 82. Recently I have noticed he becomes quite snappy if I contradict anything he says, he has decided to add some bequests to his will but is being very secretive about it, hiding any letters from the solicitor, and now is locking his bedroom door and keeping the key in his pocket!

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Hi, I don’t have much advice sorry ,but I wonder if it’s at all possible to talk to the solicitor and inform them of diagnosis . Would hope they have satisfied their self that he has capacity to make the changes.

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
Hi @Tartanlady2 welcome to the forum.

I found its best not to contradict a person with dementia. They always think they're right and logic has no meaning to them anymore. Hopefully this will help you

https://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/threads/compassionate-communication-with-the-memory-impaired.30801/

With regards to the bequests I don't think they would hold up against a properly drafted will done by the solicitors but I would give them a call anyway to put your mind at rest.

I'm glad you've found this forum. I've found it a very useful source of support when I was looking after my dad with dementia. Keep posting..

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrsmagsey