Heart and kidneys going as well as dementia.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
C's kidneys are leaking protein, so the surgery got a blood test made and her cell count is low. She goes back on Dec 23 for another one. She is always concerned her back problems are kidney related and she does also have arthritis, but it looks like this time is was not a delusion as I thought it was. She has had tow heart palpitations last week and the ECG showed up a left ventrical fault which could be the reason and BHF said it could be causing her breathlessness. We'll find out more when she goes for the echo scan.
British Heart Foundation helpline nurse was very good at explaining everything, so would recommend to anyone who needs their advice.
Not looking for advice or anything, just getting thoughts together as we could be in for another rough winter and even though the counsellor said I should take one day at a time that is easier said than done. I'll try though, and we do have a few lunches and music days to come. If I can make sure C rests in between times we should still have a good month. There's a challenge, though I hear you all saying caring and dementia always involves a few challenges.
I'll wish everyone strength for your own Christmas worries and winter struggles.

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
That’s not good news @nae sporran, more health problems to worry about and seek treatment for. I hope C is coping with these added complications and you manage to move through Christmas and the winter without it complicating your caring role too much. Will be thinking of you both.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
I'm thinking of you both but I do hope you find little bit of time to look after yourself.

MaNaAk

charlie10

Dec 20, 2018
so sorry to hear about C, @nae sporran......my FiL has just come out of hospital with kidney and heart problems, so we're running around trying to work out the implications and if we need to change things. Hope they can stabilise your wife and that she is comfortable, think that's the best we can hope for in dementialand!

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
That`s a big worry Rob. I hope it`s not as bad as it sounds and you will be able to manage to balance things out.

charlie10

Dec 20, 2018
thanks for that @nae sporran......I. tFortunately the rying to research as much as possible this end but not much will happen unless we can motivate BiL at the other end to talk to someone who knows what exactly is going on with FiL. Feel like I'm trying to grab the prize with the mechanical arm.....I know where I want it to go but it will do its own thing!