Difficult to get any family support long rant

deepetshopboy

Jul 7, 2008
im living with my dad ive not got a big family only son who lives at home ive had to move in temporary with dad while i get some help
With him coming to live with me etc long story
but anyway only 1 son a couple of cousins and a nephew in another country im finding as dad gets worse the help gets less the phone calls etc I've had to explain like a book about the ins and out of dementia etc its exhausting being orderd to this and that regards to dads care even though im full time carer etc which is frustrating and annoying having to explain everything and why i need to do this and that i feel like saying get a bloody book on dementia educate yer self! People think that i can ring ss etc and they swoop in with a magic wand and offer all kinds of help and support
My son is zero help he shuts himself off and doesn’t get involved he did the same when my mum had terminal illness yrs ago hes offers no respite understanding or to watch him while i have a hour to myself ive gad no time in 3 weeks like a prisoner in mu dads with no carers aa been cancelled no daycentre either but had to come and stay with my dad as wandering
Im on the brink of telling my husband to leave as he lives in my house and makes no effort to see me la single life ordering take away for himself he texts twice a day generic bog standard stuff i then have to text back long replys if i ring him he gets annoyed and the lastest crisis or moan I've got seems like he cant take it anymore! Fell like not bothering
ino help havent saw him hardly all yr tried to make a effort ive asked to have him come to my dads etc for dinner or pop out he wont ive text him today ,said im really depressed ive had a bad day yesterday i took my dad to see a home but couldn’t find it walked around in the cold for hours he never said what happened never offred to drive I actually started to hate him he’s carrying on hes life like nothing happened nothing seems disinterested now he’s suffering from hes own problems ie depressed and new illness also to be fair has did bits and pieces like put a lock in .
drive around picking up my dad after getting lost ec a few weeks ago and over the last yr half but still i feel lkie nobody cares anymore

Last edited:

deepetshopboy

Jul 7, 2008
im living with my dad ive not got a big family only son who lives at home ive had to move in temporary with dad while i get some help
With him coming to live with me etc long story
but anyway only 1 son a couple of cousins and a nephew in another country im finding as dad gets worse the help gets less the phone calls etc I've had to explain like a book about the ins and out of dementia etc its exhausting being orderd to this and that regards to dads care even though im full time carer etc which is frustrating and annoying having to explain everything and why i need to do this and that i feel like saying get a bloody book on dementia educate yer self! People think that i can ring ss etc and they swoop in with a magic wand and offer all kinds of help and support
My son is zero help he shuts himself off and doesn’t get involved he did the same when my mum had terminal illness yrs ago hes offers no respite understanding or to watch him while i have a hour to myself ive gad no time in 3 weeks like a prisoner in mu dads with no carers aa been cancelled no daycentre either but had to come and stay with my dad as wandering
Im on the brink of telling my husband to leave as he lives in my house and makes no effort to see me loving a single like ordering take awas for himself he texts twice a day generic bog standard stuff i then have to text back long replys if i ring him he gets annoyed and the lastest crisis or moan I've got seems like he cant take it anymore!
is no help havent saw him hardly all summer tried to make a effort ive asked to have him come to my dads etc for dinner or pop out he wont ive text him today ,said im really depressed ive had a bad day yesterday i took my dad to see a home but couldn’t find it walked around in the cold for hours he never Evan said what happened never offred to drive I actually started to hate him he’s carrying on hes life like nothing happened nothing seems disinterested now he’s suffering from hes own problems ie depressed and new illness also to be fair has did bits and pieces like put a lock in .
drive around picking up my dad after getting lost ec a few weeks ago and over the last yr half but still i feel lkie nobody cares anymore
You are in a really stressful situation @deepetshopboy and sound like you certainly need some help. Who cancelled the carers?
hi the care company did i signed it in April they said wasn't yet was sending carers in from then till 3 weeks ago ive now made a compaint to cqc and trying to get another agency

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
Yes i think there just fed up now hearing all the latest crisis etc but that doesn’t help me its very selfish

I am so sorry that you are in this difficult situation
My OH & daughter only when faced with a public meltdown by me - floods of tears actually stepped up

sadly relationships take a battering; but never feel like you are alone on TP
Sending ((((((((((((hugs )))))))))))))))

Also annoyingly I’m going to say - ring adult social services access team. Don’t take no for an answer ! if care was arranged then there is a duty of care by SS to help rearrange this
Xxx