Best Interst

Buttercup24

Jul 17, 2016
can anyone give some advise. My mum had a best interest meeting today with the extra care manager where she lives whom I am not very popular with because of concerns with care issues in the past.
My mum has declined the last four weeks and is now end of life. It has always been her wishes to remain in her own home until she passes away.
A social worker was appointed who had only meet my mum briefly before and along came her boss as well to the meeting.
It was not taken into account my mum is not nursing at this present time, and the care staff have said her care needs have not changed and they are doing for her as they were before.
However our views were not rally taken into account and it was quoted at the end "Kathleen needs to go into a nursing home", we said she has her friends around her and is still able to focus on her flat and things around her, and other residents living in the extra care home visited her daily.
can we fight this decision they have made. We were informed "in the professionals view your mum need s nursing care."

Buttercup24

Jul 17, 2016
If your mum is at end of life her needs will change. Can the current care cover 24 hr care?
Hi Yes the carer say mum is having TLC now and needs not changing, however extra care housing say this is not there remit. I would like mum to end her days in her own flat with end of life care going in in requires it, however fighting management at the moment because I have previously made complaints and I think easier for them if I ma not around if

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leigh_77