Bank account for social care fees - advice please

Cazzita

May 12, 2018
I am calling the OPG tomorrow to get copies of the LPA , great that this can be done and they are still £35 pounds each.
I have also managed to open another account for my mum, online with Santander, but have to send them ID and in List 1 they want an unexpired passport or driving licence - neither of which she has. Hopefully, I can find something suitable that they will accept!
If the original registered copy and all certified copies have been lost it is possible to purchase an 'office copy' fee was £35 in 2017

Office copy/certified copy – official copies that are only supplied in exceptional cases
https://assets.publishing.service.g...orney-and-enduring-power-of-attorney-fees.pdf

In the past it was possible to get two free 'office copies' simply by asking.
I did this, they were not certified in the usual way, they had 'validated OPG' pierced across the bottom margin.
Persuading people they were valid was interesting.

I bet it was!

Melles Belles

Jul 4, 2017
South east
My dad had no passport of driving license to use as ID. We got the GP to certify a state pension letter from the DWP which satisfied the solicitor doing his conveyancing

witts1973

Jun 20, 2018
Leamington Spa
I am calling the OPG tomorrow to get copies of the LPA , great that this can be done and they are still £35 pounds each.
I have also managed to open another account for my mum, online with Santander, but have to send them ID and in List 1 they want an unexpired passport or driving licence - neither of which she has. Hopefully, I can find something suitable that they will accept!

I bet it was!
I'm a non driver and my passport has expired and I only bought that 10 years ago to prove who I am I haven't been abroad before,it's as if I don't exist now haha,but as a carer I haven't got the money to buy one just for that sake,there must be lots of people in the same boat

Bod

Aug 30, 2013
Hello,
Mum (81, bvFTD) is going into respite care for a few days from next Sunday.
Tomorrow, the financial assessment team will call regarding her saving amount/pensions etc.
The adult social services caseworker has said that I need to open a separate bank account so that any monies they decide to pay, will go straight into this separate account.
My issue is that I cannot lay my hands of the Financial LPA forms (incredible stress and house move last year) and fear that I have lost them. How can I open an account for mum without the LPA forms?
Is there a way to open an account and what kind of account should it be: current/savings etc?
We bank with Santander and mum and I have a joint bank account but I need to somehow open this separate one.
Thanks for any advice, as always.
Carolyn

Has the LPA been registered with Santander already?
If so then the bank already "know" you, and shouldn't need to see it again.

Bod

Cazzita

May 12, 2018
Has the LPA been registered with Santander already?
If so then the bank already "know" you, and shouldn't need to see it again.

Bod
No it hasn't. Wish I had already done that but didn't realise that you could just register it with banks etc but definitely wise to do so :) Thanks

Cazzita

May 12, 2018
I'm a non driver and my passport has expired and I only bought that 10 years ago to prove who I am I haven't been abroad before,it's as if I don't exist now haha,but as a carer I haven't got the money to buy one just for that sake,there must be lots of people in the same boat
It's crazy isn't it! So many older people won't have a licence or passport! Life eh? :)

Cazzita

May 12, 2018
So. I haven't even sent off DWP letters etc for ID and Santander have already emailed to say that the bank card etc is on its way! So clearly, they didn't even need it! :)