I need a hair dresser for my mun

Phil007

Apr 17, 2019
Ormskirk
Hi

I'm new to the forum and need a bit of help. Can anyone recommend an Alz friendly hair dresser in the North West. Mum is nearly tripping over her hair lol and doesnt want to go out to her normal place. Ideally a mobile hair dresser would be great.

Many thanks

Phil

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Welcome to the forum Phil007. Sorry we're not allowed to recommend anything online, but there are many members in the Merseyside / Lancashire area who should be able to point you to support services in your region. https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/find-support-near-you will also help you find memory cafes and other services where you should find out about local services and support.

witts1973

Jun 20, 2018
Leamington Spa
Hi

I'm new to the forum and need a bit of help. Can anyone recommend an Alz friendly hair dresser in the North West. Mum is nearly tripping over her hair lol and doesnt want to go out to her normal place. Ideally a mobile hair dresser would be great.

Many thanks

Phil
Hi I looked on Google and I rang a lady and explained mums circumstances and she has been visiting us for a couple of years now,she cuts it while mum is in her hospital bed and does a great job,I live with mum and i'm her carer too so it was easy for me to see if everythink was ok

Baker17

Mar 9, 2016
Hi

Many thanks

Phil
I asked my husbands barber who he used to go and she came to us, I felt this worked well because it was someone he knew and she knew him, maybe you ask her normal one if she would be willing to do home visits

Katrine

Jan 20, 2011
England
I recommend that you don't use the words 'cut' or 'scissors' when discussing it with your mum, and prime the hairdresser to talk about 'tidying' 'a nice hairdo', 'getting a new hairstyle' etc. No mention of sharp objects or cutting because that can sound scary and disempowering. She's not having something taken from her body, she's having a beauty treat.