Fronto-temporal dementia

Jackimags

Mar 1, 2019
South yorkshire
good morning ,what a bargain your jeans were ,well done
has anyone given you any help with your question about OH ? you may need to start a new post
3 times already this am I have been questioned about todays events
running very late but just needed to tell you about finding some shoes I had popped in the dustbin (worn out) back in the kitchen ! his reply was I will need a NEW pair when these I have on wear out !! ( he has 10 pairs upstairs )
oh here we go again yes today is Wednesday and yes we are going shopping and yes in the car !!!!!!!!! Maybe I should record myself ha ha
Thanks for the advice and I have started another thread. Hope your shopping trip went well. It’s sunny here but really cold. OH gone out with the daycare to Gainsborough will be home about 4.30. Yesterday evening was complete opposite to the night before. Sat calmly in the chair until 10pm- occasionally nodding off. At least each day is full of surprises. Keep smiling- if we didn’t we would spend our day in tears!

lilypat

Mar 1, 2019
Yorkshire
Today was hard work every time I spoke it was wrong .everytime I said just wait there and turned round off he had wandered .I seemed to have said aaahhh all day long .then to cap it all I have just found out we travel to Manchester for our may holiday not Leeds I dare not tell OH can you imagine the moaning. Any way daughter phoning tonight I will get some advice .
Here's to a peaceful night

Jackimags

Mar 1, 2019
South yorkshire
Today was hard work every time I spoke it was wrong .everytime I said just wait there and turned round off he had wandered .I seemed to have said aaahhh all day long .then to cap it all I have just found out we travel to Manchester for our may holiday not Leeds I dare not tell OH can you imagine the moaning. Any way daughter phoning tonight I will get some advice .
Here's to a peaceful night
Sounds like a wearing day so here’s to a peaceful evening for you both. Not looking good here for peace. Came back at about 5 and chaotic since then. Socks on and off, shoes on and off. Up and down out of chair. Upstairs and downstairs and it’s still only 6pm x

lilypat

Mar 1, 2019
Yorkshire
Oh dear not good .where do they get the energy from ? just reading it wears me out .I read some of the replies to your thread .
We had a moment while out today
A lady asked my OH to pass her something from a high shelf ,he managed it with lots of instructions...she was looking at me so i mouthed dementia and she smiled and put her hand on his arm and said in a really smiling way many thanks young man .it made his day .thinking of you .sending happy thoughts

Jackimags

Mar 1, 2019
South yorkshire
Oh dear not good .where do they get the energy from ? just reading it wears me out .I read some of the replies to your thread .
We had a moment while out today
A lady asked my OH to pass her something from a high shelf ,he managed it with lots of instructions...she was looking at me so i mouthed dementia and she smiled and put her hand on his arm and said in a really smiling way many thanks young man .it made his day .thinking of you .sending happy thoughts
Hi. How has your day been. PH has been out walking with a friend this morning and then this afternoon for a walk with a different friend. So I managed volunteering at our local hospice this morning and a physio appt this afternoon. We are out for lunch tomorrow and then to the memory cafe in the afternoon. Does your OH sometimes struggle with walking? I find he walks much slower these days. Here’s to a calm evening

lilypat

Mar 1, 2019
Yorkshire
Hi yes my OH has definitely slowed down .plus I have noticed that he is getting more stiff .getting in and out of car harder to do ..we are just back been out for a meal with some friends .a lovely Italian..claire she works with people who have dementia and it's great as she sort of steps in so I relax ..I think our evening is going to be peaceful he yawning his head off . I may get to finish my detective novel after all

Jackimags

Mar 1, 2019
South yorkshire
Hi yes my OH has definitely slowed down .plus I have noticed that he is getting more stiff .getting in and out of car harder to do ..we are just back been out for a meal with some friends .a lovely Italian..claire she works with people who have dementia and it's great as she sort of steps in so I relax ..I think our evening is going to be peaceful he yawning his head off . I may get to finish my detective novel after all
Not been the best of weeks but next week is a new week/challenge Not sure if routine has been changed with my sister being here. Out to theatre with our daughter tomorrow afternoon so leaving my sister in charge!! . Here’s hoping you have a good weekend. Thinking of you

lilypat

Mar 1, 2019
Yorkshire
Hi Jackimags I know what you mean.i am fed up of not getting a good nights sleep.
Life is so hard work at times.
We have a day out planned for tomorrow. Hoping that it will go smoothly. Family calling on Sunday for OH 71st birthday .(yet to buy a gift ?)
No idea what .!
We have been out to our local social club only about a dozen in so a nice chat filled night .
He is now in bed and I feeled shattered .
Enjoy your outing tomorrow. Dont worry I am sure you're sister will be ok .
Peaceful thoughts

lilypat

Mar 1, 2019
Yorkshire
Hello well what day ..we went out at 8.30am back at 3pm .OH asleep by 3.15pm on sofa .if only I could do that .
A nice day out with a lunch but a crying child got to him .
I forgot to buy him at present for his 71st tomorrow o_O
Although we visited a xmas shop and he chose a decorated glass Robin bell .I can only hope he can remember it at xmas.
Some family members are calling tomorrow for cake and coffee .
Did all go well with you and I hope you enjoyed your trip .I think it will be early to bed tonight and it will be me not him asking .

Jackimags

Mar 1, 2019
South yorkshire
Hello well what day ..we went out at 8.30am back at 3pm .OH asleep by 3.15pm on sofa .if only I could do that .
A nice day out with a lunch but a crying child got to him .
I forgot to buy him at present for his 71st tomorrow o_O
Although we visited a xmas shop and he chose a decorated glass Robin bell .I can only hope he can remember it at xmas.
Some family members are calling tomorrow for cake and coffee .
Did all go well with you and I hope you enjoyed your trip .I think it will be early to bed tonight and it will be me not him asking .
Calendar Girls was fantastic and then a meal before home at 7.30pm. My sister said he had been fine until I got home!!! He had looked for me a couple of times but had spent a lot of time colouring. I think he was cross that I had been out without him. My sister goes home tomorrow and I will really miss her- good support and good conversation. Having great trouble getting him to wear slippers in the house as he is insisting he wear shoes which we have never done. Glad you had a nice time today and hope tomorrow’s birthday goes well. Have a good sleep- hopefully

lilypat

Mar 1, 2019
Yorkshire
Hi Calendar girls ! How super .
Do you find it easy to relax when out ?
Here too is OH sat in shoes ??? Yesterday was good but tiring. I find it hard when we go to looking for disabled loo . The looks people give u ,because he does not have a stick, etc .Today was strange .I keeping thinking back to this time last year and our family party ...who would have thought we would be in this situation.
Hope you had a good day

Jackimags

Mar 1, 2019
South yorkshire
Hi Calendar girls ! How super .
Do you find it easy to relax when out ?
Here too is OH sat in shoes ??? Yesterday was good but tiring. I find it hard when we go to looking for disabled loo . The looks people give u ,because he does not have a stick, etc .Today was strange .I keeping thinking back to this time last year and our family party ...who would have thought we would be in this situation.
Hope you had a good day
Was he aware it was his birthday. When we start our caring roll I don’t think we had any idea of the impact on our lives. I really Try not to feel resentful about it but don’t always succeed!!! My sister is on her way home to the south coast and I will really miss the conversation and support she has been. I did manage to relax yesterday knowing she (ex nurse) was with him. Been out to chatsworth this morning with our daughter and SIL. The inevitable coffee and CAKE!! Oh my word - the slippers have just gone on. Wishing you a peaceful evening/night

lilypat

Mar 1, 2019
Yorkshire
Hi yes he knew it was his birthday and he opened his cards looked at them and then returned them to the envelopes ! . My whole life seems rotate around him .and him alone .your so right about the not knowing about the impact. He still makes me laugh ,he will come and stand and say I know you said it was in kitchen but I can't see it !!! I go through and it's right there under his nose .i tell him it's not a wife you need but a retriever dog
Here to a good night
Ps we have a new game ....suck a mint for 3 mins spit it out into egg cup wait 2mins them pop it back into mouth aaaahhhhhh

Jackimags

Mar 1, 2019
South yorkshire
Hi yes he knew it was his birthday and he opened his cards looked at them and then returned them to the envelopes ! . My whole life seems rotate around him .and him alone .your so right about the not knowing about the impact. He still makes me laugh ,he will come and stand and say I know you said it was in kitchen but I can't see it !!! I go through and it's right there under his nose .i tell him it's not a wife you need but a retriever dog
Here to a good night
Ps we have a new game ....suck a mint for 3 mins spit it out into egg cup wait 2mins them pop it back into mouth aaaahhhhhh
If we didn’t laugh we would spend our day in tears wouldn’t we!!

lilypat

Mar 1, 2019
Yorkshire
We certainly would. I feel that I am thinking for 2 people .my daughter who has a young son says that her dad is now like her son .he can wash himself dress himself and get from a to b but only if some one is there to guide. I have started to take more photos as it's as if i need to cram in as many images of him .i am going to try and record his voice too .
Well on that somber note i had better get myself into bed another week beckons. Full of love laughter and tears lol

Jackimags

Mar 1, 2019
South yorkshire
We certainly would. I feel that I am thinking for 2 people .my daughter who has a young son says that her dad is now like her son .he can wash himself dress himself and get from a to b but only if some one is there to guide. I have started to take more photos as it's as if i need to cram in as many images of him .i am going to try and record his voice too .
Well on that somber note i had better get myself into bed another week beckons. Full of love laughter and tears lol
I know what you mean about photos and when I take them he looks so HEALTHY and you can’t believe there is anything wrong. Ime the one that looks haggard!! Big hug from me x

Ernest

Jan 23, 2018
Today, I spent the afternoon with my OH at his CH. His elder brother remarried last week. I suggested we phone him to offer our congratulations. He was so lovely on the phone to his brother saying how well he was, no problems !! Luckily his brother is aware of the situation. What I find so difficult is seeing and hearing him being so "normal" Laughing and chatting. He doesn't do that with me. It's all very mono syllabic conversation. Also when he sounds so "normal" I start thinking should I have tried harder, would he be better in his own home?!!! It's so heart breaking..i miss him.

lilypat

Mar 1, 2019
Yorkshire
Morning. I woke I a panic at 4am OH decided to use the down stairs bathroom in stead of the up loo.! Iwoke at the sound of doors opening and then sat at the top of the stairs listening to his progress through the house .
Definitely as far as photos are concerned I am the 1 with large suitcases under the eyes. Well weather looking good so maybe a bus ride this afternoon.
Hope your day goes ok without your sister

Jackimags

Mar 1, 2019
South yorkshire
Morning. I woke I a panic at 4am OH decided to use the down stairs bathroom in stead of the up loo.! Iwoke at the sound of doors opening and then sat at the top of the stairs listening to his progress through the house .
Definitely as far as photos are concerned I am the 1 with large suitcases under the eyes. Well weather looking good so maybe a bus ride this afternoon.
Hope your day goes ok without your sister
That is so strange. My hubby started going down to the downstairs loo in the night. I collect all keys up into a pouch at night and take upstairs. Also my local council fitted us some door sensors with a remote that I take up to bed with me. It buzzes if an external door opens. Every other Monday some long standing friends come for tea but she brings the main course and pud every time which is lovely. My OH used to have impeccable table manners but now starts eating as soon as he has his food whereas he would always wait until everyone else had their food. Also as soon as he has finished starts clearing plates away and I usually have to say people are still eating. It’s just not him!!!- but what is? It is like being a parent again but I think children take the criticism/comments much better. Hope you have a good might

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrsmagsey