Washing!!!!

Lanie

Aug 31, 2008
Surrey
I visited Mum today and popped into her room to drop something off before going to see her in the lounge.

I opened the door and all around the room was tops, trousers, knickers adn bra's hanging every where it looked a bit like a laundry in chaos. When finiding her in the lounge, I asked her why she had clothes hanging all over the room. she explained that her washing had been done but not dryed so she was drying it. I thought this rather strange as the washing that had been done on Saturday had been returned all dry and neatly folded. I saw the lady who does the laundry and she confirmed that she hadn't washed any clothes for my Mum today. My Mum had hung all the dirty laundry around the room. I saw the manager and explained we have to watch her as she was now hanging dirty laundry around her room. She explained that she had showered my Mum this morning and put the wet towels in the laundry basket and put it outside the room to be collected. Unfortunately my Mum had obviously returned in the meantime decided it was wet washing and hung it out to dry. The towels had made the washing damp. None of this made sense to Mum, even though I put it all back in the basket I'm not sure how long it will stay there.

You just never know what will happen next.

Lanie

paris07

Jul 11, 2007
australia
Hi Lanie,
I can relate to the washing bit, My Mum lives with me and she has a fixation about her cloths and even my washing . She likes to help [well] I have to watch her as she will hang all the dirty cloths in the basket out on the line.
She also likes to stand at the cloths line and re arrange the cloths while they are drying over and over, I do not try and stop her as I feel its a bit of exercise for her. She will take some of the cloths off the line still damp and hang them all over the place, bras and pants hanging all over the wardrobe knobs and chairs.[must think its going to rain]
I cannot explain the reason behind this but I hope it helps to know you are not on your own.
regards
paris07

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Dear Lanie,

When Peter was at home and I or the Carer put all dirty washing in the laundry bin, he would get it out and put it back on over his clean clothes.

Then Peter started hiding soiled clothes in with clean clothes and it became a nightmare.

The only way that his Carer and I could do was put it straight into the washing machine.

Best wishes
Christine

Lanie

Aug 31, 2008
Surrey
Hi

Thanks for your replies. If the carers aren't quick enough in the morning my Mum will take the dirty clothes out of the laundry bin and put them back on. It doesn't seem to occur to her to look in the wardorbe or the drawers and once she has them on they have a battle on their hands to get them back off again. I think they are going to try and remove the dirty clothes they have tried putting the laundry otuside but she just takes it back in.

Lanie

terry999

Mar 27, 2008
london
If you can is it possible to involve her in house work.

I used to give my mum a broom and let her sweep the carpet, also helped me fold sheets.

As for things, MY GUESS is AZer's cannot remember where anything is, do not even have the idea of opening a wardrobe to look. So tend to leave things lying around so they can find them again.

My mum had clothes hanging around everywhere and everything in kitchen was on Kitchen table. I just managed this making sure the things she would need are out and the others I would put away.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pen7