How much more?

Mammajan

Sep 11, 2018
So my oh has vascular dementia, after various tests at the hospital they have now diagnosed myeloma as well. We are now on the rounds of chemo. Hospital every week using hospital transport who are brilliant but it takes a whole exhausting day. Add this to the bathroom problems and the wet beds every day, the piles of washing and there doesn’t seem to be much fun in our life anymore. We seem to eat soup, ice cream,and other soft food every day. At least I have discovered a soup maker that makes soup in about 20 minutes.
The only blessing is that oh doesn’t remember the trips to hospital so he isn’t too much trouble to get there.
But my life is just one round of work, when oh sleeps I do work to catch up.i try to wake him at night to go to the toilet, two or three times, anything to get a dry bed.
I really don’t know how much more I can take. I feel better having a moan. I’m not the saint friends think I am, I shout at him, lose my patience and cry by myself in the bathroom.

Jean1234

Mar 19, 2015
Oh my you are amazing to be coping with all that. I know in the past I spent many times sobbing in the bathroom. Just remember to ask for help before it becomes to hard to handle. Remember your health is important too and the lack of sleep can have a very bad affect on this over time as I found out to my cost .

nestle

Jul 22, 2016
Southwest but Yorkie by birth
Hello Mammajan ,what a massive struggle for you , no wonder you loose patience and cry in the bathroom. I have found a local laundry service very helpful, they pick up and deliver though must admit we not at stage of wet beds so not sure if they would accept soiled bedding but might be worth a look or an ask if you can afford it or maybe there is a community service though I've not heard of it
Other thing is has he seen continence nurse ? Maybe there are better continence products that could help praps talk to GP? Maybe talk to GP or Nurse Practioner anyway before you crack . Hugs Nestle

Mammajan

Sep 11, 2018
Hello Mammajan ,what a massive struggle for you , no wonder you loose patience and cry in the bathroom. I have found a local laundry service very helpful, they pick up and deliver though must admit we not at stage of wet beds so not sure if they would accept soiled bedding but might be worth a look or an ask if you can afford it or maybe there is a community service though I've not heard of it
Other thing is has he seen continence nurse ? Maybe there are better continence products that could help praps talk to GP? Maybe talk to GP or Nurse Practioner anyway before you crack . Hugs Nestle

Mammajan

Sep 11, 2018
Yes it’s a struggle but what else can I do. My husband has cancer and dementia, I know that he would be doing the same for me if the tables were turned.yes there are some products that are available but I would only have to find a wa of dealing with them as well! We’ll manage for as long as we can.

SaraKate

Dec 29, 2018
Soup .... If you get a juicer, you can make soup from fresh vegetables. I just heat chopped onions and tomatoes in a pan, put them in the juicer for 1 minutes and then its ready. Carrots take a little longer but only minutes to soften, and you can do beetroot and mushrooms in a minute. I use one called Fruit Ninja.
Well done for doing the best you can, if you were a saint as people think you, it would be easier! You're being the best mortal woman you can be.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jwpp