OH in hospital

dancer12

Jan 9, 2017
Mississauga
Just had a phone call from the hospital to say OH has walked out of the hospital and the police are looking for him. He could be anywhere.
Hi Rosebush:

You must be beside yourself with worry. I'm sure the police will find him soon. I know it won't help much but I keep telling myself things happen for a reason, they know now they have to watch him more closely .I'm sure he's fine, maybe went out for more tea. Sending you many cyber hugs & hopes that things will work out fine.

Rosebush

Apr 2, 2018
They found OH eventually in Sainsbury's car park, quite a long way from the hospital, they have now put a tracker on his wrist so they know where he is. I am so tired I have been at the hospital for 5 hours, my daughter and youngest son came in and they have just bought me back. Alan seems fine had plenty to eat and drink, all I've had is toast!. Thank you all for your support I don't know what I'd do without you. Lxx

Susan11

Nov 18, 2018
They found OH eventually in Sainsbury's car park, quite a long way from the hospital, they have now put a tracker on his wrist so they know where he is. I am so tired I have been at the hospital for 5 hours, my daughter and youngest son came in and they have just bought me back. Alan seems fine had plenty to eat and drink, all I've had is toast!. Thank you all for your support I don't know what I'd do without you. Lxx
So pleased he's been found. Try and rest now.

dancer12

Jan 9, 2017
Mississauga

You must be so relieved that he's been found. Get some sleep now. You need it. You must be so exhausted. Tomorrow will come soon enough. So glad he's been found.

Goldie Girl

Oct 20, 2018
West Midlands
Oh Rosebush I feel for you. My Mum is very aggressive kicking punching hitting throwing things. She has escaped from Hospital where the ward had to be put in total lockdown because of her and she regularly ended up punching the security guards she is a little nearly 80 year old women! We have also had to have the police out looking for her.The last time she was missing for four hours and she walked 8 miles. It is an awful situation to find yourself in I keep saying sorry to everyone who as one say don't fret it's the dementia that's causing her to be like this. Dementia is a b.....d!

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm so glad that Alan has been found safe and well. What a relief. I hope you got some sleep.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Both my mother and my husband went walkabout @Rosebush and I know the relief you must feel when your OH was found safe and well.

In hospital, my mother told a nurse, who was coming through the door to start her shift, `It`s all right. You can let me out. I`m a visitor.`

Rosebush

Apr 2, 2018
Hi everybody, had a long day, visited OH this morning, he was fine he seems quite happy. They have assessed him unfortunately he failed all the tests as he couldn't understand anything they asked him. I think they will discharge him at the weekend as he is physically fit. I spoke to social services and they said he needs 24 hour care and asked if I had thought about a care home and if not having a carer come in to help. I will see them again on Friday to discuss it, but at the moment I will see how we get on having a carer, I don't really want to think about it before Christmas just hope they can sort his meds out. Lxx