Coping

safray

Feb 2, 2017
Firstly need to say thankyou to Sophie for her help. I have printed the info and believe I have at last managed. The sun is shining at the moment and I am enjoying a few minutes.

SophieD

Mar 21, 2018
London
@safray you're welcome! I'm glad that the Talking Point and helpline information was helpful. Please continue to post on this thread about how you're coping, and I'm sure you'll receive plenty of support from other members.

safray

Feb 2, 2017
Dear Sophie, Since your help have been very busy with hospital visits and having to explain many many times, waiting in for a plumber who does not turn up, normal household duties, always taking Ray with me shopping but patience & time is becoming an effort for me. At this moment sitting here waiting for a failed 11 o'clock appointment. Think I will make a cup of tea & try to relax

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello @safray

I`m pleased @SophieD has been able to help you. Now you have your own Thread I hope you will get lots of help and support from many others on Talking Point.

At the top of this page, you will see `watch thread` in blue. If you click on that you will get a notice on the small flag every time someone replies to you with support.

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
Hello @safray, I must admit that I too seem to be living a bit like you insofar as doing absolutely everything with insufficient time and strained patience.

It is tough but it's a great idea to have your own thread to discuss life as you go along as there are a few threads like that on the forum. I think these threads help you to feel that you are in the company of people who understand and will support you. Good luck with this one.:)

safray

Feb 2, 2017
Hello @safray, I must admit that I too seem to be living a bit like you insofar as doing absolutely everything with insufficient time and strained patience.

It is tough but it's a great idea to have your own thread to discuss life as you go along as there are a few threads like that on the forum. I think these threads help you to feel that you are in the company of people who understand and will support you. Good luck with this one.:)
Is some time since I checked in as have had so much to think about. Winter is a terrible time for me, I suffer with COPD and afraid to contact any cold/flu symptoms, also hate being locked in unable to be outside. We have (family also) always had & loved animals but as now I know am unable to look after a dog/cat but as we have an animal charity nearby I sought information to home a couple of rabbits. It has taken me time, effort & preparation, discussing everything ;with my husband, although frequently confused thinking we were going to have puppy, we brought home 2 delightful 6 month old white rabbits. They have given us a new lease of life, every morning my husband helps with their cleaning, feeding etc, and I discuss our bunnies' diet with him daily. What a difference this change of our life has made. I now give all much love to our members. SF

Duggies-girl

Sep 6, 2017
That sounds wonderful @safray I love bunnies and so pleased that your husband helps you with them, it will give him an interest. Like you I am fed up with this weather already and don't want to go out much but I have to so I am stuck with it.

Hope the bunnies continue to bring you lots of joy.

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
Is some time since I checked in as have had so much to think about. Winter is a terrible time for me, I suffer with COPD and afraid to contact any cold/flu symptoms, also hate being locked in unable to be outside. We have (family also) always had & loved animals but as now I know am unable to look after a dog/cat but as we have an animal charity nearby I sought information to home a couple of rabbits. It has taken me time, effort & preparation, discussing everything ;with my husband, although frequently confused thinking we were going to have puppy, we brought home 2 delightful 6 month old white rabbits. They have given us a new lease of life, every morning my husband helps with their cleaning, feeding etc, and I discuss our bunnies' diet with him daily. What a difference this change of our life has made. I now give all much love to our members. SF
@Safrey what a lovely post and a suggestion to other animal lovers of what could be. Good wishes.

Malalie

Sep 1, 2016
What a wonderful positive post Safray - I bet you are so happy that you thought of getting the rabbits, and well done for getting all the equipment and supplies sorted for the arrival of the new members of the family. Not easy in your circumstances I'm sure...

Although I can tell that you are getting a great deal of pleasure from having them as well, it sounds like your husband has changed from being 'a person who has to be cared for' into a person whose opinion and practical help is needed and valued. A triumph! Well done you.

safray

Feb 2, 2017
Felt a little thrill reading replies to my new life with 2 bunnies. Yes has given my husband a real uplift. I was successful also yesterday in encouraging him to restart his jigsaw puzzles after losing interest months ago. I enjoy assisting him and able to do other task knowing he is occupied.

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
We have house rabbits @safray and my dad’s eyes used to light up if either of them came to say hello to him. He used to ask me where the “cats” were if he couldn’t see them. He’s in a home now and I’m thinking of asking the manager if we can take them to visit.