Puzzled

Bee.quilt

Dec 29, 2017
OH is getting agitated because with each days newspaper he's convinced he’s read the print and seen page for page the identical photographs already. Don’t know how to reassure him on this. Anyone else with this experience?

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
I think this feeling that they have seen everything before, been everywhere before and done everything before is very common. Im not sure that you can actually do anything about it - its like all of their delusions, they are absolutely certain that they are right. if he gets agitated about it perhaps its time to stop the papers.

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
My wife experiences this delusion. With films or TV programs I just say that I haven’t seen them and would she mind watching again. She agrees and two minutes later she’ll ask me to explain what’s happening in this film/program she’s seen before!

With the paper we just cut down to a weekly and she started to ignore everything but the puzzles. She was a prize winning crossword puzzler but is now, in the main, reduced to just staring at them with a pen in her mouth, which is sad to see but it seems to keep her happy.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrsmagsey